Your signature dish!

Thread starter #1

Lilyhawk

It's morning and I'm hungry. Can't wait for lunch as I today have brought with me a real Swedish classic that I put together yesterday.

This one is not so much cooking, but just mix it all together and you're good to go, but still one of my absolute favorites, taught by my mom.

What is your signature dish? Please share recipe and how to do it as it's always fun to try new things.

"Skagenröra".

You'll need:

Shrimps
Crab sticks (optional. I'm a peasant, so I like it)
Red onion
Dill
Mayonnaise
Lemon wedge
Pepper

Finely chop red onion and fresh dill (frozen works fine)
Roughly cut the crab sticks
Mix it all together with mayonnaise, a drizzle of sweet chili sauce and squeeze a lemon wedge over it all. You can add a bit of roe as well, but I usually skip that.

Serve on a piece of toast or with a jacked potato. I usually add some fried onion on the top. Super

It should look something like this once done.

skagen.PNG

Enjoy!

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Tomato soup chicken casserole

Cut up left over chicken
Diced fried onion
Par boiled sliced potatoes
Two cans Tomato soup
Seasoning
Slow cooker three hours.

50 year old family favourite that everyone loves and oh so simple.

Thread starter #3

Lilyhawk

Tomato soup chicken casserole

Cut up left over chicken
Diced fried onion
Par boiled sliced potatoes
Two cans Tomato soup
Seasoning
Slow cooker three hours.

50 year old family favourite that everyone loves and oh so simple.
I think I got myself a dinner for Sunday!

maxfli65

Journeyman Pro
Do a good lemon, garlic and rosemary chicken casserole.

follow this recipe - https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/rosemary-garlic-chicken-potatoes
Make it quite often, easy make and easy clean up and everyone seems to love it.

Notes - I dont bother with the accompanying crusty bread but I do add 1 onion chopped up when browning the chicken pieces on the hob.
Careful with the salt, doesn't really need it and I ruined an early one with too much of it.
Cut the potatoes into smallish pieces 2" or so across so they cook properly.
Bashing garlic cloves in with a steak hammer works for this dish, you dont need to cut them.

Thread starter #6

Lilyhawk

If you are feeling adventurous you can add peas/sweetcorn and an oxo cube.:D
Some how it works better with day old cooked chicken leftovers than fresh pan fried.
Lily "living on the edge" Hawk they call me...

All food taste better a day or 2 after it's been cooked imo.

bernix

Challenge Tour Pro
sauerkraut lasgna
you'll need:
sauerkraut
lasagna foils
onions or porree
sweet peppers
carrots
gratin cheese
tomato puree
sour cream
wine or prosecco

chop and saute onions, add chopped carrots, sweet peppers and sauerkraut (i add some chili as well). add tomato puree and slowly add half pint of wine or prosecco and slow cook for 10 min. stir in sour cream and layer into a casserole with lasagna foils - start and finish with sauerkraut mixture. sprinkle over gratin cheese and bake in over for 40 min (190°C , 380 °F)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
I call it 'Tuna Mayo Pasta'. All you need is some pasta, a tin of tuna, and some mayonnaise. Cook the pasta, mix the tuna with the mayo, when the pasta is done mix it up with the tuna mayo. Job done. Usually made when I get home late after footy training.

Great cook, me.

Thread starter #10

Lilyhawk

I call it 'Tuna Mayo Pasta'. All you need is some pasta, a tin of tuna, and some mayonnaise. Cook the pasta, mix the tuna with the mayo, when the pasta is done mix it up with the tuna mayo. Job done. Usually made when I get home late after footy training.

Great cook, me.
Sounds like me a few years ago. :D

Not that I'm a great cook nowadays, but I'd like to think I've evolved a little bit.

patricks148

Ryder Cup Winner
Mine would be my version of Portuguese Pork

Red Peppers, diced pork, Chorizo, onion.

you can add clams and olives, but my version is just as good.

Hobbit

Ryder Cup Winner
The mega omelette! Cheese, ham, onion, peppers. Comes with beans and chips. Its my go-to when I want something quick.

The slow job is a slow roasted lamb shank with a mint flavoured gravy.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
I do cook, but one of the dishes I enjoy most in the winter is a simple stew - hard to believe it would taste so good with so few ingredients....

Beef
Potatoes
Onions
Carrots

Other than salt and pepper nothing else is added. I make it in bulk as so many people want a portion of it. My dad, may he rest in peace, is responsible for this

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Scallop Champagne Sabayon. Saw it as a chefs challenge on Masterchef, followed Monicas recipe from the show and it was unreal. It's basically a champagne hollandaise. Bain marie a couple of egg yolks, whisk in Champagne, bit of tarragon (from memory), pan fry scallops and serve with a bit of sauteed samphire. Absolutely delish. Simple, easy, such a good starter and looks dead flash if you can serve in the scallop shell.

Do love making scallop dishes generally actually, they're my go to. Here's another I made - pan fried scallops with a red pepper sauce and chargrilled diced peppers:

bernix

Challenge Tour Pro
sauerkraut lasgna
you'll need:
sauerkraut
lasagna foils
onions or porree
sweet peppers
carrots
gratin cheese
tomato puree
sour cream
wine or prosecco

chop and saute onions, add chopped carrots, sweet peppers and sauerkraut (i add some chili as well). add tomato puree and slowly add half pint of wine or prosecco and slow cook for 10 min. stir in sour cream and layer into a casserole with lasagna foils - start and finish with sauerkraut mixture. sprinkle over gratin cheese and bake in over for 40 min (190°C , 380 °F)
that's how it looks like, tastes better than it appears

Attachments

Thread starter #18

Lilyhawk

Scallop Champagne Sabayon. Saw it as a chefs challenge on Masterchef, followed Monicas recipe from the show and it was unreal. It's basically a champagne hollandaise. Bain marie a couple of egg yolks, whisk in Champagne, bit of tarragon (from memory), pan fry scallops and serve with a bit of sauteed samphire. Absolutely delish. Simple, easy, such a good starter and looks dead flash if you can serve in the scallop shell.

Do love making scallop dishes generally actually, they're my go to. Here's another I made - pan fried scallops with a red pepper sauce and chargrilled diced peppers:

That’s looks great!

Mind sharing a link to the recipe you’re talking about? Get measurements and all that jazz.

Dan2501

Tour Winner

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
My signature dish summed up by a comedian recently

Man walks in to the kitchen looks in the fridge and all he can see is sliced ham.
Man goes to the toilet.
Man walks back to the kitchen and walks out feeding himself on sliced ham.