Which GPS ?

Thread starter #1

Backache

Assistant Pro
I have had a Sky Caddie Aire 2 for a number of years unfortunately it is now losing it's charge before I complete a round (yesterday after 2hours 20 minutes) so I need to get another.
I use it attached to my bag by a Carabiner.
I like the easy to read large numbers with distance to middle front and back of greens.
I occasionally miss not having distances to hazards.
However I do not want anything that is fiddly or requires you to push buttons or touch screen to much.
It must be attachable to a golf bag, I don't want a watch device.
It must be easy to read in bright sun, I can't read my phone outdoors.
Any suggestions please?

CliveW

Tour Winner
Contact SkyGolf and have a word with them. They might be able to supply a new battery, or trade in your existing device against the cost of a reconditioned one.

J55TTC

Head Pro
I can only really recommend Garmin as it’s all I’ve used. I’ve got the S60 now and really wouldn’t be without it. I love the idea of the new S62 with heart rate but after 2 years with the S60 there’s nothing wrong with it. Battery is still good for 2 rounds and when not in GPS mode will last over a week on a single charge. There’s an option in the settings for big numbers too

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Contact SkyGolf and have a word with them. They might be able to supply a new battery, or trade in your existing device against the cost of a reconditioned one.
This is a good call. Nothing ventured and if you can get a trade in or a fix then happy days. If not then if you don't want anything too fiddly I'd stick to the Sky Caddie and look at sky caddie SX400/500

Thread starter #12

Backache

Assistant Pro
Thanks all. I've contacted Sky golf who have basically said no deal.
Phone app is a no go because I can't read my phone outdoors.
Will look at the other suggestions.

PIng

Head Pro
For me it's a screen problem, I can't read my phone in the bright sun.
I've recently bought a Bushnell Phantom, basic GPS, give yardages to front,middle & back of greens and to hazards. Easy read monochrome display, only £85. Battery lasts about 3 rounds. Only downside I can see is a magnetic clip which looks like it could come off my trolley without me noticing.