Had an email from the club saying they’re waiting clarification before confirming plans going forward.
it was worded in a way that makes me feel they‘re considering staying closed for 1 balls. I’ll be disappointed if that’s the case.
So if no singletons and as my wife doesn't play then if courses open then I'm not going to be able to play until...
Will be fun for the club working out which members get what discount off next two years subs as some - like me - will be not be able to play for longer than others - and the discount is pro rata.
That said I can't help but think that Golf England may have been a quick off the mark with their advice given on the basis of Johnson's statement last night.
Plus, playing devil's advocate, I am not sure that play should be reopened for just one group of members. After all - we members are all equal in our playing rights - maybe the membership should be consulted
Just checked my email and my Club is advising that they are monitoring what guidance is given today - no decision has been made. Sensible.
It looks promising that golf will resume from Wednesday 13th but we still require clarification of the exact details so we can update our guidance documentation to members.
We expect to receive further information from the R&A/England Golf throughout today to help us finalise these plans.
We will be back in touch as soon as possible and no later than tomorrow morning.
Please await this further news from us before making any plans to visit the Club.