When do you think you will next play golf?

matt71

Tour Rookie
So does this mean we are allowed to play or not ?

Are we waiting on England golf to confrm this 1st?

sorry if I come across a bit thick just not sure what’s what :(

Did he mean household or family. He said the latter but did he mean the former. In any case if I play by myself does that count as playing sport with a member of my family. Could I play with my daughters boyfriend? And if course was to open - which I doubt - I would put my name down in a tee time and nobody else would be able to make up a two ball with me. Now that’s going to work well. Can’t see it happening until bars and restaurants are able to open with social distancing which is hoped for early july.

Last edited:
Nicola Sturgeon now saying people can exercise as much as they like as long as they socially distance. Surely that would mean golf is ok as long as it's socially distanced. I think the SGU should at least be asking the question - in fairness they probably are.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Wednesday according the some clown on the BBC who immediately cut to the labour bloke for comment who then started to slag off Boris so I switch the nasty left wing clown off.But I'm now booked in on Wednesday. 10.24 for golf with the wife who's thrilled to bits. Not.....hee hee

OK, so maybe golf on Wed.... but I feel for those who've been given just 12hrs notice about going back to work tomorrow. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
That’s the Government opening things up, not the employer instructions which for vast majority I wouldn’t expect will come through tonight. Not to mention things like furlough period notices/minimum time periods that will need to be complied with.

Thread starter #1,699
I've just hit rewind - 'From this Wednesday, we want to encourage people to take more and even unlimited amounts of outdoor exercise. You can sit in the sun in your local park, you can drive to other destinations, you can even play sports, only with members of your own household.'

That to me says yes to golf, though possibly only as singles, or with the wife.

So only as a single then :D