When do you think you will next play golf?

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
I wonder how many people still don't understand what Slope is actually a measure of and just how it relates (or doesn't) to course difficulty.
I suspect a very small proportion of golfers understand what it actually represents, and the rest are divided between those who misunderstand it, and those who have never heard of it.

rulefan

Tour Winner
I suspect a very small proportion of golfers understand what it actually represents, and the rest are divided between those who misunderstand it, and those who have never heard of it.
I also wonder why people use par to indicate the difficulty of a course.
Par tells us nothing. SSS and now CR were invented for that purpose.

18 x 275 yard par 4s
18 x 450 yard par 4s
Both are course par 72 - what does that tell us?

It looks like no earlier than the 1st June. Durham County Golf Union website shows an update stating no golf until then. Hope I'm reading it wrong.

Imurg

Grand Slam Winner
It looks like no earlier than the 1st June. Durham County Golf Union website shows an update stating no golf until then. Hope I'm reading it wrong.
I think what they're saying is that non or their organised events will be going ahead before June rather than no golf full stop.
Until Boris says his piece tonight, they know about as much as we do.

Fish

Major Champion
That is not an inviting tee shot!! :eek:
I stood to the right of the blocks to take the photo, if you’re a serial fader, good luck, it’s a toughie to be sure.

Whatever is in the bag you can hit straight, take it, and don’t worry about distance.

Some would say risk & reward, I’d say if your driver isn’t hot, go for reward all day long.

Foxholer

Major Champion
My home course (Coventry) is 6590 par 73 and is rated 139, your 235 is incorrect, what course is it and I’ll tell you what it is.

My away course (Woodhall Spa) has a slope ratings of 149 (yellows) and 159 ( whites) on the Hotchkin, so I’d say you might have fat fingers and you meant to type 135🤔
It is in fact 155 which is the maximum of the Slope range

so I’d say you might have fat fingers and you meant to type 155🤔
Seems you are both wrong Only the back 9 is 155. Front 9 is 149, so overall rating of 152

https://ncrdb.usga.org/courseTeeInfo.aspx?CourseID=21328

Last edited:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Seems you are both wrong Only the back 9 is 155. Front 9 is 149, so overall rating of 152

https://ncrdb.usga.org/courseTeeInfo.aspx?CourseID=21328
You mean just like fish posted later in the thread.....

it is in fact 151 with the blue being slightly more at 152....😏

Just 1 extra for the blues is madness, the whites back on the stones is tough enough, which is why on competition Medal days you can choose to play of the yellows or whites.
View attachment 30544