When do you think you will next play golf?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Congratulations. You must have a remarkable membership!
Our stewarding is mostly needed, we feel, for the safety of the public, who used the course to walk in their exercise hour in the pre golfing days! (Absolutely no vandalism, btw.)
I can only hope our membership is as squeaky clean as yours.
It’s not they are squeaky clean.
It’s they know if they don’t abide by the rules they will be banned from playing.
It’s no good banning everyone for a break by a minority ,the club is quite strict when it comes to bad behaviour.
If they could get away with things I am sure some would try, every club has them.
We didn’t allow the public on the course as we thought it would cause problems down the line ,like them treating access as the norm.

Fish

Major Champion
Ours worked perfectly yesterday, most our main roll up we’re immediately in front and behind us, so some banter was extended across fairways when my playing partner could be seen fishing a ball from the pond and chipping out from behind trees, he didn’t have a great debut, bless him.

As such I won my match 3&2 and played 2 under handicap, so very pleased, but need to remove a wedge and put my 5i back in as I missed it badly.

4 of us are rotating playing each other 3 times each in a mini-league, £10 per round/match winner takes all, all off scratch, I’m joint top 😎 early days yet though.

Only took 90 minutes 👍

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Well I'm in for 8.10 on Saturday. First name on the back nine start sheet (a benefit of being in work at 6.30 and ahead of the sheet being released). Just waiting to see which poor soul lumbers themselves with me. On a further plus side, got a practice session at the club booked for 4.00 today to try and find anything that gets it going forward and another for tomorrow planned and sourced a mat to replace the one from China that never showed (and started the refund process through Amazon) so all in all HJS is a happy camper.............so far today

Peril of tee booking when the club has never previously done it other than for comps.

I looked for a slot on Sunday and found 10:30am. Someone booked - but no #2. I know the guy for bumping into in the club (I think) so popped my name down. He pulled his name yesterday evening. Hmmm - maybe he decided he didn't fancy 18 holes in my delightful company ... ;) No matter - one of my Sat am Round-up group has popped his name into the vacancy. He knows...:)

Last edited:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Great round today with course in fine condition though the greens were covered in seed-heads as they don't want to stress the grasses especially with frost around presently.
I played Par/Bogey & lost by 3 on the front but by just 2 on the back....... more than satisfactory & no injuries so I'll be back again this Fri & Sat. :):)
Got out again today & the greens had fewer seed-heads as we've had our last frosts & they'd dropped the cutters (y)(y)
Playing Par/Bogey I won the front 9 1-Up....... & finished All-Square over the 18 so well, well pleased...... such a tough unrelenting fgormat. :oops::oops:

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
We’re opening on Monday, and I managed to get a slot at 8:20am (3rd tee time of the day). Single players only, (unless playing with someone from the same household) teeing off every 10 mins.

Cannot wait to tee it up on Monday! 😁

When do we think we'll get a game in Scotland? Saw a suggestion that recycling centres will open here 1st June so maybe that's the date for things to be eased.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
I hope it is before then. No reason to not be playing sensible golf.
R number in Scotland seems to be driven by care homes. Totally messed up on that front. #golfissafe .
Everything about the two 9s I've played has confirmed that golf is by far the safest thing I've done while leaving the house since March. Hopefully they'll let you out sooner rather than later.

I think Scotland will be 1st June as the next official review is on 28th May. Anything earlier would be a bonus. I'm a bit worried that if the numbers do start going up in England (which would be nothing to do with golf) the Scottish govt take fright and lock us up for even longer.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
In northern ireland we are hoping that golf will get the greenlight as of next week. Announcement monday.

This is based on the fact they have opened garden centres, angling is to resume Monday so leaving golf out seems odd as we have shown that we can do it safely.