What would you give up

Thread starter #1
I was on another forum.

One poster was complaining that Sky would not reduce the cost of his Sky Package at £146 a month he said he is only getting £228 government benefits and was having to use foodbanks. Strange priority.

Hope, basically.

If our nation survives this crisis with the orange buffoon in charge, I will have to rethink my position on religion....
because that will have been divine intervention.

Right now, it doesn't look like it's going that way.
Boomer, Hope is quite a serious thing to give up. Give it one more go, eh?
And there's no point in turning to religion - that he got elected in the first place is surely proof enough that there is no God

I was on another forum.

One poster was complaining that Sky would not reduce the cost of his Sky Package at £146 a month he said he is only getting £228 government benefits and was having to use foodbanks. Strange priority.
This person is a moron.

When I was a bank manager I had an occasion where a woman was in severe financial difficulties. I sat with her and went through a few things. She was adamant that she was going on holiday that summer with her 2 kids to Spain. It was costing her a few grand all in. But she couldn’t afford to pay her mortgage because she had to make these additional monthly payments and she was already in arrears. No matter how bluntly I put it to her, she couldn’t accept that the holiday could cost her her home. She felt that holidays were a necessity.

She did end up losing the house in the end. Hope the family holiday was worth it.