What is happening to our world?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Hot weather - we cant cope with it.

Mega-Hot summer 1976 and Punk was created.

The really hot one a few years ago and London burned

This year.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Yet our own PM (and previous) admit to being a member of a boy’ club known for trashing restaraunts snd intimidating staff etc and other Politicians (on both sides) admit to drug taking and joining in on Protest Marches, then we have the MP’s expenses scandal from a few years back.

Maybe people in positions of authority should lead by example or at least provide laws that equal and fair.

It’s like blaming the press:rolleyes: nobody is forced to buy a newspaper or watch the News, again succesive Governments could of introduced legislation to both protect the freedom of the press and make them accountable.
When they were young, they, like the rest us, did not go around thinking that their /our actions would be dredged up by the press decades later.

If you are looking for paragons of virtue I think you will need to be doing so for a very long time.

Last edited:

Kaz

There are bigger issues, I guess, but it's the littering I always find so hard to reconcile. It takes zero effort to put your rubbish in a bin or take it home and bin it and yet so many people couldn't give two hoots. Someone else will pick it up.

Hobbit

Ryder Cup Winner
I find it interesting that people try to lay the blame with politicians rather than taking responsibility for their own actions. Lots of things happen that I don't agree with but I've never felt the urge to join a riot, attack anyone or drop litter.
I do lay some of the blame on some politicians. You and I don't have a problem with "don't do," even if we might disagree with it but there are a significant number of people who need to be led, or even deterred (controlled) by a strong 'law.' Equally, there are a number of people who just want the excuse to riot.

I dare say if we all sat down and made a list of why people do certain things we'd get plenty of different answers, all of which would be right.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
There are bigger issues, I guess, but it's the littering I always find so hard to reconcile. It takes zero effort to put your rubbish in a bin or take it home and bin it and yet so many people couldn't give two hoots. Someone else will pick it up.
Someone made the point today regarding Bournemouth, what if the council had not picked up the 22t of rubbish yesterday. What if they had left it there? Would people arrive today and turn around after seeing it covered? It's an interesting thought.

I'm with you, I really don't get it. To dump litter is horrible, it's a mentality I can not understand.

Kaz

Someone made the point today regarding Bournemouth, what if the council had not picked up the 22t of rubbish yesterday. What if they had left it there? Would people arrive today and turn around after seeing it covered? It's an interesting thought.

I'm with you, I really don't get it. To dump litter is horrible, it's a mentality I can not understand.
Photos of the meadows here in Edinburgh were just disgusting.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner

22t? they collected "in excess of 50 tonnes of waste just from the beaches and promenades"

In addition to this several local groups of volunteers are out at night trying to help clear up

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
22t? they collected "in excess of 50 tonnes of waste just from the beaches and promenades"

In addition to this several local groups of volunteers are out at night trying to help clear up
It was someone from the local council today who quoted 22t. 22t or 50t, it's a crazy amount, a disgusting amount.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
When I see the size of the queues waiting in this heat for a drive through McDonnalds I know Mankind is knackered.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro

Would the tide wash it away.?
And dump it somewhere else.

PhilTheFragger

Global Moderator
Staff member
Picture taken by a friend cycling along the Severn coast road today and this is just a small sample.

View attachment 31380
That’s different, this pic is classic fly tipping, who takes a sink to the beach to dump?

I cannot understand the mentality of people who go to the beach and do not clear up after themselves

They should leave only footprints