WANTED: Orange Whip Training aid

Thread starter #1

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Wondering if anyone has one of these lying around in their garage that they no longer use.

Would prefer the iron-length one but interested in any!

Cheers :thup:

Foxholer

Major Champion
Join the queue!

Bleedin' expensive whenever I've been hunting! Pretty good piece of kit though!

I resorted to a 'fan' trainer. Useful (probably more than the OW) for exercising in the back yard, but not as a 'warmup' like the OW, as not very portable!

Thread starter #3

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Been interested long time. Tried one in Florida and was fairly impressed with the feels it gave.

Not sure what you're looking to pay but there's one on eBay, ending tonight, @ about 60 but postage takes nearer to 70.

Good luck with your hunt :thup:

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
I think you can get Red Whip copies on eBay for about 50 quid.

Essentially the same thing I think but no idea on the quality etc.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Get a SKLZ Gold Flex. Same thing for around £40 off eBay or Amazon. Had one for a couple of years. It’s excellent. SKLZ do some good training aids.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Get a SKLZ Gold Flex. Same thing for around £40 off eBay or Amazon. Had one for a couple of years. It’s excellent. SKLZ do some good training aids.
Can i ask if these things are only for tempo training? Do you think there would be any benifit for those of us.... that get very inside the line on takeaway?

Bascally can the help with swing plane?

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Can i ask if these things are only for tempo training? Do you think there would be any benifit for those of us.... that get very inside the line on takeaway?

Bascally can the help with swing plane?

I don’t think it will help with swing plane, though it would be hard to take it back too far on the inside as it’s so heavy. They are excellent for tempo and they force you to swing in the right sequence and timing. If you use it daily and take notice of what it makes your feet, hips, shoulders etc do it will work wonders for your swing. They are also excellent for warming up. A club feels so light after using this.
You should use them properly of course, that is swinging back and forth like a pendulum rather than a swing in isolation.
I guess if you swing from the inside with a club you will do the same with this. Maybe try a session on a Plane Swing Or Explaner.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
I don’t think it will help with swing plane, though it would be hard to take it back too far on the inside as it’s so heavy. They are excellent for tempo and they force you to swing in the right sequence and timing. If you use it daily and take notice of what it makes your feet, hips, shoulders etc do it will work wonders for your swing. They are also excellent for warming up. A club feels so light after using this.
You should use them properly of course, that is swinging back and forth like a pendulum rather than a swing in isolation.
I guess if you swing from the inside with a club you will do the same with this. Maybe try a session on a Plane Swing Or Explaner.
Cheers pal

I quite fancy one just for the tempo training and warm up tool.

Might have dabble

xreyuk

Assistant Pro
If anyone wants one still, I have a brand new unused one I was about to stick on eBay.

It’s driver length, if anyone is interested I’ll go £75 plus whatever the postage is (we can come up with the best option). Cheapest I can find new is £89.95

For anyone wondering what the difference between the orange whip and the others is, the orange grip is weighted in the grip, whilst the others aren’t, they’re only weighted at the end.

Last edited: