TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Finished Star Trek - Picard. It did get better after the slow first couple of episodes but turned pretty silly near the end. Imagine an 18 handicapper starting with a bunch of two pointers with one blob, then throwing in some three pointers before finishing with four points in the final four holes.

Good points without spoilers - some nice cameos.
Bad points without spoilers - no way technology went that far in 30 years. Some terrible cameos. Turning into a Marvel film at times.

Would I recommend it - for die-hard Trek fans yes just to see the continuation of some characters. But would I watch it again, no. 5/10 or a 30 point score for that 18 handicapper and a 0.1 increase.

Finally ordered the box set of "The Young Ones". Absolute classic anarchic comedy although a couple of scenes would never make it past today's politically correct censors.
And Toxteth O'Grady still holds the record for sticking marshmallows up a single nostril (604, USA).

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
There were some interesting insights into him and his relationship with Midge Ure too...kind of made me question some of his motives.
It seemed that Midge Ure's Sloany ex was more upset. Bob has always been a complicated person who doesn't care who he upsets if he wants to do something. There was an excellent documentary on the Boomtown Rats on BBC4 a couple of months ago which is well worth a watch if it's still on the iPlayer.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
It seemed that Midge Ure's Sloany ex was more upset. Bob has always been a complicated person who doesn't care who he upsets if he wants to do something. There was an excellent documentary on the Boomtown Rats on BBC4 a couple of months ago which is well worth a watch if it's still on the iPlayer.
Yes Midge wasn't too bothered - think it was more he was lied to about why his set was put back. To be fair Bob knew nothing about that...hopefully!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
The Cursed on Netflix. A twist on the Arthurian legend. Some interesting ideas and characters but just not tight enough. A 6.5 out of 10 when it could have been an 8. The lead was a bit limp which didn't help.

The Sinner, series 1 on Netflix. I'm a bit late to the party here but this was decent. Some odd things were not tied up but this was very watchable. Worth a go.

The Cursed on Netflix. A twist on the Arthurian legend. Some interesting ideas and characters but just not tight enough. A 6.5 out of 10 when it could have been an 8. The lead was a bit limp which didn't help.

The Sinner, series 1 on Netflix. I'm a bit late to the party here but this was decent. Some odd things were not tied up but this was very watchable. Worth a go.
Switched Cursed off after 10 mins, just didn't work for me as a tale of Arthur. Too "teeny" and glossy, with a crap script and crap acting. A resounding no from me.

The Sinner on the other hand, is very good, at least season 1 and season 2. Felt season 3 went off in a different direction and fell a bit flat of the bar it had set previously.