TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Kellfire

Tour Winner
Agreed. I kept thinking if only they had communicated better that Summer and he'd stayed...and...

That's why it's so good. We know it's not real but wow did it feel it.
My girlfriend and I were both crying our eyes out when he was talking to the counsellor. Possibly the best acting by anyone I’ve ever seen in that one scene alone.

Have just finished watching all of The Orville, two series and 26 episodes. New series later this year hopefully as it is just brilliant . Plenty of drama and humour and a great parody and homage to star trek

GB72

Money List Winner
Have just finished watching all of The Orville, two series and 26 episodes. New series later this year hopefully as it is just brilliant . Plenty of drama and humour and a great parody and homage to star trek
Agree love it. More star trek than any of the recent star trek series. Bit like galaxy quest, a respectful parody/homage.

The actor is German apparently, moved around France and Switzerland as a child. That would explain the stilted accent. I can roll with that, remember the character was taken and then raised in Daneland 😁. He has a good look though. Not as physically imposing as in the books but when he is in battle scenes, I've just seen a real doozer, he fits the role very well. I'm on the current series and it is a really good one so far.
finished all 4 seasons of The Last Kingdom. Despite a rocky start, based more on my opinion of the lead and some small things that affected my own OCD, came to really enjoy it. It’s not quite Game of Thrones, but if you like sword battles, it’s pretty epic. Battles and fights in almost every episode, with some very good production, plenty of real actors in the fight scenes, didn't notice any CGI to make the armies seem bigger. There are Things that can be pulled apart, but overall, thoroughly recommend it, really hoping they make a 5th season, otherwise I may be forced to try my hand at reading books again 😜

Hoganman1

We just subscribed to Britbox and we love it. So far, we've watched episodes of Midsomer Murders, Sherlock Holmes (the Granada series), As Time Goes By, Have You Been Served and MI-5. Currently, we're watching Hig Seas on Netflix. Streaming has been a Godsend during our stay-at-home period.