TRUMP, What the hell is going on

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Are these the wars that we go in because of the US ?

If there is a way we can stop following the US into their wars then I’m all for it - will stop British Armed Forces guys and girls getting killed
But what about our alliances, not only with the US but with NATO. I see very little evidence going forward that a British PM will refuse to support a legitimate US military action

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
As the lady on the Politics show said to the stupid Labour woman, not exactly this but the drift was.....Look stupid, if want the US to continue to support you when you go in to wars, we being your biggest allie, I suggest you shut your stupid mouth.

And yet the stupid labour woman continued to spout her utter drivel. If Labour win a GE with the bunch of idiots currently rising to the top, the country will collapse as the amount of money that will vanish from bank accounts held here in to safer places like the US will ensure there will be none here to fund the stupid things Labour will want to do to bankrupt the country, as they always do. Even Blair ended up doing it, and I thought he was good....until it turned out he was as mad as the rest of them.
Some hot political insight there so just let me check I've got this right. We've just voted to take back control. And that now seems to involve appeasing Trump and bending over so he can do what he wants with us under his 'America First' agenda. So he will support us when we go into wars. And if Labour get in then all the Russian and Middle Eastern Money that is being held in bank accounts in this country will go to America? So if that is the case would Trump not be supporting a Labour administration? And all Labour people are stupid?

pauldj42

Money List Winner
But what about our alliances, not only with the US but with NATO. I see very little evidence going forward that a British PM will refuse to support a legitimate US military action
Is that the same legitimate wars like Iraq and the WMD’s.
Or the current spat between the US and Iran after Trump has withdrawn from the Nuclear deal and UK, Germany, France etc hasn’t?
Who determines legitimacy? US, UN, NATO?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Is that the same legitimate wars like Iraq and the WMD’s.
Or the current spat between the US and Iran after Trump has withdrawn from the Nuclear deal and UK, Germany, France etc hasn’t?
Who determines legitimacy? US, UN, NATO?
I agree but my point is like it or not, the UK will inevitably support the US in events going forward at some stage and that (in response to LP's point) will lead to UK casualties. I think it will be very hard having supported Desert Storm etc not to do so ongoing and whether NATO, France, Germany etc put pressure on the UK not to (or Trump regarding his actions) remains to be seen. Legitimacy will only be seen through the eyes of the PM at the time surely

pauldj42

Money List Winner
I agree but my point is like it or not, the UK will inevitably support the US in events going forward at some stage and that (in response to LP's point) will lead to UK casualties. I think it will be very hard having supported Desert Storm etc not to do so ongoing and whether NATO, France, Germany etc put pressure on the UK not to (or Trump regarding his actions) remains to be seen. Legitimacy will only be seen through the eyes of the PM at the time surely
No, totally different going in under a NATO or UN banner, then they would be allies, look at the situation with Iran currently, are you suggesting we should support him just because he says action would be legitimate?
If Corbyn was PM do you think he’d follow?

pauldj42

Money List Winner
People really do have short memories when it comes to Trump, he dogded the draft twice in the US for Vietnam, he’s cut budgets that affect US Veterans and as for the Royal Family respecting him, never should we forget his tweet below.
AD61C1D0-9F3A-4E87-9DB0-A7FE29884A2D.jpeg

MetalMickie

Tour Winner
People really do have short memories when it comes to Trump, he dogded the draft twice in the US for Vietnam, he’s cut budgets that affect US Veterans and as for the Royal Family respecting him, never should we forget his tweet below.
View attachment 27463
Quite a history of US politicians of a relevant age managing avoid service during the Vietnam years.

Bill Clinton and George W Bush successfully found ways around it as well as Bush.

Strangely enough it doesn't seem to subsequently deter them from sending others into life threatening situations.

drdel

Tour Rookie
This is the NATO that everyone in Europe supports right up until they are asked to pay their fair share.

Lets face it most countries have exploited the USA to a level that's equivalent to taking the urine! (a bit like the EU). Trump said he was fed up with that happening, its not a surprise that the average American Joe supports him.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
Just for balance ...

I laughed out loud at the photos on Twitter showing huge crowds welcoming Trump that were actually of Liverpool's Champions League Parade!!

and

Saw an interview clip of a screaming banshee protester, who could give any examples of specific Trump atrocities having said she he was guilty of loads!

And another caller to radio who said "Corbyn wont visit you unless you've planted bombs in public!

drdel

Tour Rookie
This is a 'State' visit. Prince Harry, Corbyn and Bercow hold official positions that carry a responsibility to do 'official' business. If they don't want to perform the task don't take the job?

Kellfire

Tour Winner
This is a 'State' visit. Prince Harry, Corbyn and Bercow hold official positions that carry a responsibility to do 'official' business. If they don't want to perform the task don't take the job?
Corbyn didn’t reject a meeting with Trump, it was the other way round. So let’s see the bigoted, racist sloth back to the US of A?

Hobbit

Ryder Cup Winner
Corbyn didn’t reject a meeting with Trump, it was the other way round. So let’s see the bigoted, racist sloth back to the US of A?
A Labour Party spokesman has said Corbyn did request a meeting. Its on the BBC website.

Corbyn playing both sides, just as he has over Brexit. He tries to look good to all those opposed to Trump but also asks for a meeting...