TRUMP, What the hell is going on

Gen Mattis (who Trump used to love) being very damning of the Trump presidency and Def Sec Esper (looking to get hoofed out of his role?) basically rejecting outright the idea that - even for the current level of chaos - such as the 101st Airborne Division could be mobilised against protesters as Trump has suggested.

...chaos is what's going on...

Def Sec Esper refuses to consider deploying military then changes his tune after a meeting with Trump - and then...

...AG Barr deploying unbadged and unknown security forces to 'dominate' protesters in Washington DC; peaceful protesters getting injured as a result of 'falling down' according to the police; not at all good.

And Trump preens himself and struts about acting the Big Man - looking like and talking, as much as hardly makes any difference, like some authoritarian president of an ex-Soviet state. Well I suppose he does admire the likes of Putin and Kim Jong-un.

And ex Def Sec Mattis and multiple senior retired military leaders (inc ex Supreme Allied Commander Europe - Wesley Clark) condemn Trumps actions as being profoundly undermining of the American way and the Constitution.

Meanwhile Trump claims as Fake News reports of him being taken down to the WH bunker when protests outside the WH got a bit close - yes - Trump choses that precise moment to go down a make a tiny small inspection of the bunker. Yes. Like he does.

Hoganman1

I firmly believe that we must get rid of three people before we can restore our country: Trump, Bill Barr and Mitch McConnell. I hope and pray that we can accomplish this by voting in November.

I firmly believe that we must get rid of three people before we can restore our country: Trump, Bill Barr and Mitch McConnell. I hope and pray that we can accomplish this by voting in November.
..and it would be nice if Lindsey Graham got his comeuppance in South Carolina given his impressive volte face on both Trump and Biden from when before Trump was PotUS - truly astonishing and pretty nauseating. Fortunately 'Anyone but Trump' Republicans are on his case. Would also be nice to see the backside of Kayleigh McEneny - jeepers - almost makes you hearken back with fondness to the days of Sarah Huckabee Saunders..hmmm...almost...where is Sean Spicer when you really need him.

Hoganman1

..and it would be nice if Lindsey Graham got his comeuppance in South Carolina given his impressive volte face on both Trump and Biden from when before Trump was PotUS - truly astonishing and pretty nauseating. Fortunately 'Anyone but Trump' Republicans are on his case. Would also be nice to see the backside of Kayleigh McEneny - jeepers - almost makes you hearken back with fondness to the days of Sarah Huckabee Saunders..hmmm...almost...where is Sean Spicer when you really need him.
Don't forget Betsy "I hate public schools" DeVos, Mike "I hate gay people" Pence and Stephen "I hate everybody who's not white" Miller.

Don't forget Betsy "I hate public schools" DeVos, Mike "I hate gay people" Pence and Stephen "I hate everybody who's not white" Miller.
Stephen Miller is just plain spooky...

Meanwhile Trump and his supporters launch with great vigour their 'Bolton was always weak and rubbish, and his every word is a lie or a secret - lock him up' narrative.

As we know - Trump's core 32-34% of the US electorate will not waver in their belief in Trump - they have bought into his narrative - they cannot reverse out of it. He has promised them things that no other politician will deliver - some that others might not even offer - some that are not deliverable no matter who has promised...

So it seems to be for populist leaders - Trump's supporters will rationalise into acceptance every utterance and action of Trump's - no matter how wrong, ludicrous or deceitful these might be.

Last edited:

Hoganman1

So it seems to be for populist leaders - Trump's supporters will rationalise into acceptance every utterance and action of Trump's - no matter how wrong, ludicrous or deceitful these might be.[/QUOTE]

You are totally correct. Now, let's not waste anymore time talking about this jerk and get back to golf.

So it seems to be for populist leaders - Trump's supporters will rationalise into acceptance every utterance and action of Trump's - no matter how wrong, ludicrous or deceitful these might be.
You are totally correct. Now, let's not waste anymore time talking about this jerk and get back to golf.[/QUOTE]
I wish - however you must understand that there are many in this country who believed the tripe spouted over the last few years about how great Trump will be as a friend to the UK - as one who would provide the UK with a GREAT trade deal - yeh - a GREAT deal for Trump.

Can you imagine Trump agreeing any form of trade deal with the UK that undermines or undercuts in any way the markets internal and external of any US business - especially of businesses in any of the fly-over states.

See also Bolton on Trump encouraging/begging the Chinese Premier (and others around the globe) to buy produce from his key states as that would improve his re-election chances.

And so the AG fires the New York southern district Chief prosecutor to be told that he can’t as the CP was appointed by the district (state?) Supreme Court. But the PotUS can.

So AG goes away to speak with the PotUS to get his nod. AG comes back and tells him he has got the nod from PotUS and so sacked. Well that seems a done deal. But when later asked why he sacked the CP the dear PotUS claims no knowledge of the sacking. If that is the case then the CP isn‘t sacked. He might choose to resign - but he isn’t sacked because only thePotUS can do that. And out of Trumps own mouth - he didn’t.

I must be missing something. Or maybe It’s just another sign of the PotUS and the top of his federal administration of the US comprising the most stinkingly corrupt bunch of, at best, recent times.

Yep yesterday's comment were totally unbelievable

effectively " stop the testing so we do not find out who is infected"

This guy certainly has a screw loose
There is one aspect though about testing and increasing numbers in Trumps disingenuous thinking which is true. The more testing there is being done - the more likely it is that more positives will be found...even in a fixed level of infection - or indeed a reducing one.

However on that specific - the question should be what % of all tests are positive as that will tell you if the infection is spreading— the bare number of positive tests doesn’t necessarily tell you that. Of course the undeniable measure of where the disease is within a community is the number of people in hospital suffering from CV19. If that is going up then it’s spreading.

Foxholer

Major Champion
However on that specific - the question should be what % of all tests are positive as that will tell you if the infection is spreading...
Not really. All it will tell you is the percentage of tests that are positives. The varying availability of tests could easily affect those numbers.
Of course the undeniable measure of where the disease is within a community is the number of people in hospital suffering from CV19. If that is going up then it’s spreading.
This is much closer - but could still be false in countries/communities where hospital treatment costs - US for example - or requires significant travel/effort to get to - South America, Africa for example.