TRUMP, What the hell is going on

My wife has been on on Hydroxychloroquine for over 20 years and has had to undergo checks for side effects on her heart and her eyes every 4 months since she started them, nobody should be taking any prescribed medication without being monitored by their Doctor, whether that be a one off check at point of prescription or ongoing.
Quite simply in Trump I see just a rather vile person who will lie about anything, and who will hurl abuse at anyone who suggests he might not be God (as he understands himself)

Swinglowandslow

I see some objective reasoning being somewhat masked by some
O.T.T subjective hatred here.
With the obvious exception of SILH, I think most think the Trump is taking this drug. You should be aware that he is taking it on prescription. It's never been suggested that one shouldn't, and I am pretty sure that it can't be taken other than on prescription.
So, that means asking a Dr for it. Then would follow advice etc about taking it.
Also, it is going to be trialled on 10 000 NHS workforce.
So, it is worthy of discussion, is it not?
Finally, may I ask, If ( big if I wouldn't bet on, mind) , if the trials show it did assist in preventing the virus taking hold, or its worst effects, would you ask your Dr for it?
😳

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
With the obvious exception of SILH, I think most think the Trump is taking this drug. You should be aware that he is taking it on prescription. It's never been suggested that one shouldn't, and I am pretty sure that it can't be taken other than on prescription.
So, that means asking a Dr for it. Then would follow advice etc about taking it.
Finally, may I ask, If ( big if I wouldn't bet on, mind) , if the trials show it did assist in preventing the virus taking hold, or its worst effects, would you ask your Dr for it?
😳
I know of only one person that has had to take hydroxychloroquine and he had malaria after returning from South Africa. It did some real damage to his system and that was forewarned by his GP (on the basis that he was told it would do damage but he might die without it). His GP was quite clear that it does harm in a majority of cases but is effective in treating malaria.

On that basis, even if it had a proven effect on Covid-19, I personally would not take the risk of the damage it can do.

pauldj42

Money List Winner
😳
Why would you take a drug that has not been proven to work unless you are part of the study group and I’d imagine Trump would quite easily “bully” a Dr in to prescribing him anything he wants.

I’m pretty sure every drug is available on the black market and prescription drugs are available via dodgy sites around the world, people could easily end up getting hold of what they think is this drug and god knows what it contains.

Fine if he’s on it, but his own Medical Experts and FDA have said it shouldn’t be taken for Covid-19.

As for the study, it will involve NHS Staff who have regular contact with Covid-19 patients in a controlled study, it’s not involving just some random people who think it’s a good idea.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
😳
I think you can see in the case of many famous cases (e.g. Michael Jackson) there are doctors out there who will give people inadvisable drugs it they ask for it. And I don't think Trump will take No for an answer.

Foxholer

Major Champion
I know of only one person that has had to take hydroxychloroquine and he had malaria after returning from South Africa. It did some real damage to his system and that was forewarned by his GP (on the basis that he was told it would do damage but he might die without it). His GP was quite clear that it does harm in a majority of cases but is effective in treating malaria.

On that basis, even if it had a proven effect on Covid-19, I personally would not take the risk of the damage it can do.
Can we convince to take double or treble doses? Though I too have my (significant) doubts as to whether Trump is really taking it!

PS. Not really suggesting the multiple dosage, but what a 'great' thought! ;)

Last edited:
Why would you take a drug that has not been proven to work unless you are part of the study group and I’d imagine Trump would quite easily “bully” a Dr in to prescribing him anything he wants.

I’m pretty sure every drug is available on the black market and prescription drugs are available via dodgy sites around the world, people could easily end up getting hold of what they think is this drug and god knows what it contains.

Fine if he’s on it, but his own Medical Experts and FDA have said it shouldn’t be taken for Covid-19.

As for the study, it will involve NHS Staff who have regular contact with Covid-19 patients in a controlled study, it’s not involving just some random people who think it’s a good idea.
It has not gone unnoticed that whilst Trump‘s Dr has said that they discussed taking the drug, his Dr has not said that he prescribed it for Trump.

DanFST

Head Pro
Now this I'm sorry is just laughable. If they had no rights, why on earth would their own government build these massive modern super cities with advanced infrastructures. Around 800 million people out of poverty and still rising.
The China you probably picture, I guarantee is totally different and opposite to you're mindset of China.
It's fine, HK has just become mainland China. Ignoring the HK legislature and any due process.

Good rights those!

Unbelievable.......Trump golfing a day or two ago. :rolleyes:

It's fine, HK has just become mainland China. Ignoring the HK legislature and any due process.

Good rights those!
So you are happy with thugs demanding ''freedom of speech'' and ''democracy'', but yet many normal HK citizens who really just want to get on with their daily lives are set upon and beaten within an inch of their life or being set on fire. No-one is safe, young woman and OAP's are also physically attacked simply because they disagree with what these idiots are doing/saying. Ironic don't you think?
Shops, transport systems having to shut down. People cannot even drive to work as their routes are barricaded.

I'm surprised the CCP even took 10+ months to take action. Probably too busy harvesting organs from Falun Gong members or building more mosques to terrorize the Muslim population.;)

And today the tweets are about Obamagate - a completely invented conspiracy about Obama and Biden spying on Trump. OBAMAGATE MAKES WATERGATE LOOK LIKE SMALL POTATOES

And in addition Trump is spouting what in the UK would be defamatory and libelous bile about Joe Scarborough and the death of an intern 19yrs ago. Indeed the parents of the intern have asked Twitter to remove Trump's tweets on this as they are spurious, unfounded and very upsetting.

And so Fact Check tagging

Funny he can stand back and watch Covid-19 kill tens of thousands of American citizens.
I see this tweet has now been deleted by Twitter for glorifying violence. The big bully baby has now spit out his dummy in a big way with threatening to put in an executive order aimed at removing some of the legal protections given to social media platforms.
In other words, Twitter is fine whilst he spouts his bile, vitriol and lies but as soon as he's pulled up for it then he gets a strop on.
I've said right from the start that this is someone who nobody has said "No" to for a long time. The more I read about him, the more singularly vile he becomes.

I personally don't see the point in Twitter doing this, and I appreciate they aren't aiming at Trump in particular and other political leaders and news organisations would face similar treatment. It's just that he is the poster boy.

But from a Trump point of view, he is just going to play the victim and use the underdog strategy again, like he did 4 years ago. I'll bet secretly he can't believe his luck and I'd 100% expect him to be tweeting things every day now that are close to or across the line.

He'll almost be goading twitter into banning him or deleting his account by tonight.

Problem is it seems everyone has to be polarised these days, whether it's politicians (that once would be on the centre left or right), newspapers and even broadcasters and journalists.

I personally don't see the point in Twitter doing this, and I appreciate they aren't aiming at Trump in particular and other political leaders and news organisations would face similar treatment. It's just that he is the poster boy.

But from a Trump point of view, he is just going to play the victim and use the underdog strategy again, like he did 4 years ago. I'll bet secretly he can't believe his luck and I'd 100% expect him to be tweeting things every day now that are close to or across the line.

He'll almost be goading twitter into banning him or deleting his account by tonight.

Problem is it seems everyone has to be polarised these days, whether it's politicians (that once would be on the centre left or right), newspapers and even broadcasters and journalists.
I think they have to be shown to be even handed. The man is using Twitter as a sounding board for his own publicity and posts things without any proof behind it and people are gullible enough to believe it. Twitter has to do this otherwise they will stand accussed of bowing to bully boy Trump. Trumps ardent supporters will believe whatever drivel he puts on but it might make some people who are unsure think "hang on". And he claims this is an infringement of his free speech yet he personally abuses anyone who posts anything against him, which means he is attacking free speech. Becoming President has turned him into a complete megalomaniac.

I think they have to be shown to be even handed. The man is using Twitter as a sounding board for his own publicity and posts things without any proof behind it and people are gullible enough to believe it. Twitter has to do this otherwise they will stand accussed of bowing to bully boy Trump. Trumps ardent supporters will believe whatever drivel he puts on but it might make some people who are unsure think "hang on". And he claims this is an infringement of his free speech yet he personally abuses anyone who posts anything against him, which means he is attacking free speech. Becoming President has turned him into a complete megalomaniac.
Absolutely, they have to be even handed. But when you start trying to decide what is and what isn't ok, it becomes an impossible task as there will always be things close to the line and grey areas. There will also be tweets that clearly breach the rules, but have such little reach that twitter will probably never see them or have the manpower to tag them.

The use of language is not black and white.

The phrase that's been censored is 'when the looting starts, the shooting starts'. When I see that, I see someone who has a poor grasp of English, not someone glorifying violence. Trivialising it, maybe.