TRUMP, What the hell is going on

Surely he was lying when he said he was taking chloroquinone yesterday, it has heart side effects and is completely unproven in limited Covid-19 trials. His bravado has no limits.

Surely he was lying when he said he was taking chloroquinone yesterday, it has heart side effects and is completely unproven in limited Covid-19 trials. His bravado has no limits.
Well opinion is split on whether he's lying or not - though most seem to think he's lying. However no matter lying or not - even some on Fox News have been adamant in saying that folks shouldn't be taking it as it could kill you.

I suspect this is no more than a Trump 'cunning plan' aimed at proving it doesn't harm you (if he doesn't die) and keeps the virus away - if he doesn't fall ill with Covid-19. And in his eyes he needs to be able to say that after the mauling he got when a few weeks ago he proposed taking it with his - What's to lose - comment.

Swinglowandslow

Well opinion is split on whether he's lying or not - though most seem to think he's lying. However no matter lying or not - even some on Fox News have been adamant in saying that folks shouldn't be taking it as it could kill you.

I suspect this is no more than a Trump 'cunning plan' aimed at proving it doesn't harm you (if he doesn't die) and keeps the virus away - if he doesn't fall ill with Covid-19. And in his eyes he needs to be able to say that after the mauling he got when a few weeks ago he proposed taking it with his - What's to lose - comment.
Well, well well. In the interests of fairness and balance, just letting you know that reports I read in British newspaper this morning say that trials are to begin on 10 000 NHS workers trying this drug to see if it has any preventative
Value against Covid.

""The first UK participants in the new trial can be enrolled from today at Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals and at Oxford's John Radcliffe Hospital.

Further testing is expected at another four sites by the end of May, with 25 total locations opened across the UK before July and more planned around the globe.""

Who knows what to believe these days, but there you have it?

Well, well well. In the interests of fairness and balance, just letting you know that reports I read in British newspaper this morning say that trials are to begin on 10 000 NHS workers trying this drug to see if it has any preventative
Value against Covid.

""The first UK participants in the new trial can be enrolled from today at Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals and at Oxford's John Radcliffe Hospital.

Further testing is expected at another four sites by the end of May, with 25 total locations opened across the UK before July and more planned around the globe.""

Good if it does have some prophylactic benefits. But I wouldn't be taking it or suggesting others take it if it is not MHRA approved - and until it has gone through the clinical trials and becomes MHRA approved.

I doubt that Trump is taking it - I suspect that he's only saying this as he knows he can't suffer any side-effects from not taking it (LOL)...and by not displaying side-effects he will be able to say 'look - no side-effects - I was right'.

And when you hear a doctor on US TV supportive of Trump's thinks - well hardly surprising given the recruitment policy...

"Anybody who joins one of our coalitions is vetted," Murtaugh said Monday. "And so quite obviously, all of our coalitions espouse policies and say things that are, of course, exactly simpatico with what the president believes ... "

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/...s-opposed-cornavirus-restrictions/5227160002/

This logic is of course in line with his logic on testing and the number of coronavirus positives which goes down the line of...'we only have the large number of coronavirus infections in the USA because we are doing so well with our testing'. This being the sort of logic that had him questioning the value of testing - if someone tests positive after previously testing negative then what's the point of the test? Of course in Trump-world logic - if you don't test then the number of infections doesn't go up - and so no testing would make the virus '..disappear - just like that'. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Robster59

Tour Rookie
Another one from Trump. His deflection tactics are now really starting to stink of desperation!
Mika Brzezinski: TV host blasts 'sick' Trump's conspiracy theory
Basically he's a narcissistic bully boy who attacks people who disagree with him in any way. It doesn't matter to him if what he says is true or not, just what he believes sounds good to deflect the focus off him and on to other people.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
Value against Covid.

And the word is testing. They're not telling people to take it as it is yet unproven. Trump, by his actions and statements, is encouraging people to do the same. Totally irresponsible.

Swinglowandslow

And the word is testing. They're not telling people to take it as it is yet unproven. Trump, by his actions and statements, is encouraging people to do the same. Totally irresponsible.
Hang on a minute. This is not a new drug. It is an approved drug , quite cheap, and is prescribed as a treatment for Lupus, acute malaria and certain types of arthritis.
There are side effects, as there are with all drugs, and in this case it can affect the hearts rhythm.
If I had Lupus , arthritis etc, would I take it? I don't know, depends on the seriousness of my condition, and on the likelihood of the side effects.
You might choose to take it. Others may choose not to.

But it is not a new unlicensed drug.

Trump said that after consulting one of his doctors, they concluded the benefits outweighed the risk. So he is taking it.
Doesn't mean other Americans have to.
If he said he took an aspirin a day, does it mean he's irresponsible because if some Americans did and had stomach bleed?

But to jump in and say, without evidence, that he is lying when he says he's taking the drug . . .? What the..... That's just stark prejudice

I don't know Trump from any other President, but I think he is silly using Twitter etc, and fires from the hip in what he says, (not the way a president should communicate to my way of thinking) . Suggests a too rushed way of decision making etc.
He isn't an Obama, a Truman or a Kennedy, or even a Ford

But there is somewhat of a lynch mentality on here that I am uncomfortable with.

think Tump

Robster59

Tour Rookie
Hang on a minute. This is not a new drug. It is an approved drug , quite cheap, and is prescribed as a treatment for Lupus, acute malaria and certain types of arthritis.
There are side effects, as there are with all drugs, and in this case it can affect the hearts rhythm.
If I had Lupus , arthritis etc, would I take it? I don't know, depends on the seriousness of my condition, and on the likelihood of the side effects.
You might choose to take it. Others may choose not to.

But it is not a new unlicensed drug.

Trump said that after consulting one of his doctors, they concluded the benefits outweighed the risk. So he is taking it.
Doesn't mean other Americans have to.
If he said he took an aspirin a day, does it mean he's irresponsible because if some Americans did and had stomach bleed?

But to jump in and say, without evidence, that he is lying when he says he's taking the drug . . .? What the..... That's just stark prejudice

I don't know Trump from any other President, but I think he is silly using Twitter etc, and fires from the hip in what he says, (not the way a president should communicate to my way of thinking) . Suggests a too rushed way of decision making etc.
He isn't an Obama, a Truman or a Kennedy, or even a Ford

But there is somewhat of a lynch mentality on here that I am uncomfortable with.

think Tump
It is unproven as Coronavirus treatment and it can have bad side effects if used incorrectly. It is prescribed for people for one use and not for this. There is no evidence hydroxychloroquine can fight coronavirus, and regulators warn the drug may cause heart problems.

The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) last month issued an advisory saying that hydroxychloroquine has "not been shown to be safe and effective".
It cited reports that the drug can cause serious heart rhythm problems in Covid-19 patients.
The FDA warned against use of the medication outside hospitals, where the agency has granted temporary authorisation for its use in some cases. Clinical trials of the drug are also under way.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) says there are no approved drugs or therapeutics to prevent or treat Covid-19, which is confirmed to have infected more than 1.5 million people in the US, killing more than 90,000 patients.

Asked what was his evidence of hydroxychloroquine's positive benefits, Mr Trump said: "Here's my evidence: I get a lot of positive calls about it."

And he totally goes against all the actual medical evidence because he has had lots of calls about it? Allegedly?

I appreciate you're playing devils advocate but the man is behaving totally irresponsibly.

pauldj42

Money List Winner
My wife has been on on Hydroxychloroquine for over 20 years and has had to undergo checks for side effects on her heart and her eyes every 4 months since she started them, nobody should be taking any prescribed medication without being monitored by their Doctor, whether that be a one off check at point of prescription or ongoing.