TRUMP, What the hell is going on

Mudball

Assistant Pro
And so this morning we get a mega shrug (well there you go) sort of moment in consideration of Trump and his administration.

Mike Pence's press secretary is tested positive for CV - and guess who Katie Miller is married to - ah yes - Stephen Miller - one of Trump's top advisors (and a bit of a bampot if you listen to him) - all pure coincidence of course. But what the...someone very close to Pence married to someone very close to Trump - and she tests positive. No matter says Trump - he and Pence are both tested every day - well that's OK then. Nothing I've heard yet about Stephen Miller - and I guess that there will be a lot of the administration who will have been close to one or both of the Millers. Contact tracing could have 'half' the administration self-isolating for 14 days.

Won't happen of course as that would be the administration demonstrating and admitting the risk with the virus that Trump is trying to play-down as he wants the states to 'open up' - in complete contradiction of course to his own administrations guidelines for determining when to it is safe to start opening up.

Also loved Trump wearing a pair of goggles rather than a mask when he was visiting a PPE manufacturing facility - as if wearing a pair of goggles is going to protect all of his face from airborne droplets...

No matter, he's the President - and he's an expert on everything :)
Remember he knows the virus better than anyone else...

Remember he knows the virus better than anyone else...
He knows it's an invisible enemy against which he's going to send the American public into battle - his 'warriors'.

One might reflect on WW1 lions led by donkeys, as the 'donkeys' sent their armies over the top to get mowed down by an invisible enemy - the machine gunners invisible to the troops - the machine gunners who sprayed the killing fields between the trenches with sheets of lead - killing tens of thousands time and again as the donkeys failed to learn the lessons that were so very obvious.

That the lions were 'brave' there is no doubt - but they were pragmatic as they could only do what they were told, but often scared s***less as they also knew as they climbed over the top that they were quite likely to die in very short order at the hands of an invisible enemy.

And so many 100s of thousands of warriors, brave but defenseless against the bullets of the machine guns, died - for no reason other than the stubbornness and vanity of the generals.

Learn the lesson of history?

Last edited:

banjofred

Also loved Trump wearing a pair of goggles rather than a mask when he was visiting a PPE manufacturing facility - as if wearing a pair of goggles is going to protect all of his face from airborne droplets...
If it's the same photo I saw, nobody had masks on.....just goggles. Which to me means it's a safety issue, not a virus issue.

If it's the same photo I saw, nobody had masks on.....just goggles. Which to me means it's a safety issue, not a virus issue.
Which is true - pity there were signs in the facility tell8ng everyone to wearva mask. I would not be surprised if it was that as Trump didn’t want to wear a mask then none of the group were to wear one.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Looks like Covid now inside WH.. some staffers tested positive. I can see the real opportunity here.. If Corona catches Trump, then it might just die out by drowning in its own sh*t .... lockdown to end soon

Vile human being and how he has the ability to be in charge of a country baffles any form of logic.
Just listen to the way he spat out the word 'China' at the (CBS) reporter - and not just once...and of course how he then dismissed the other reporter as he spotted who she was (CNN) - and then he stormed off. Just awful.

Notwithstanding how resigned many seem to be that he's bound to get a second term - the polls - even internal GoP polls - are consistently not good for him. And apparently he is furious...and so China, China, China, Immigrants...

cliveb

Head Pro
Notwithstanding how resigned many seem to be that he's bound to get a second term - the polls - even internal GoP polls - are consistently not good for him....
There's something that puzzles me about everyone saying he'll get re-elected. His 2016 win was by a very narrow margin. I can't see how ANYONE who voted against him last time will change. And surely SOME who voted for him last time will have realised their mistake and change this time. So by that reckoning, he really shouldn't stand a chance. There must be something weird about US politics and/or electoral system that escapes me.

There's something that puzzles me about everyone saying he'll get re-elected. His 2016 win was by a very narrow margin. I can't see how ANYONE who voted against him last time will change. And surely SOME who voted for him last time will have realised their mistake and change this time. So by that reckoning, he really shouldn't stand a chance. There must be something weird about US politics and/or electoral system that escapes me.
Just a few key swing states. But as he is trailing by 10 pts with the over 65s that’s not good for him. Hardly surprising I suppose since, when asked about possible spike and significant further deaths following a ‘reopening’ his response on one occasion in the last week or so was ‘so be it’ 😳 for the more senior of us...

not saying he was right to do what he did, but maybe he knows more about how the virus started and believes that china could have prevented or stopped it before it spread.
the virus started in china and the whole world is suffering because of china, maybe in the uk in 4/6 months time when we're in a deep recession with mass unemployment etc, people here will be blaming china.
Indeed it did start in China. But the fact of where the US is today, from where it was early Feb, is a result of what Trump did and didn't do and say lat-Jan, Feb into early March - nothing actually to do with where it started. However he continues to boast how he closed down immigration from China when he did (well he stopped some travel from China) yet the pandemic spread in the US was well underway at that point because he hadn't done anything sooner - in fact he had been denying it was even real - it was 'another Dem hoax...'

BTW - Trump's apparent bafflement and comments over how someone can test negative for the virus one day and positive the next is surely one of the dumbest things a US President has ever said. And on the basis of that dumbness he had a go at the value of testing :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Indeed it did start in China. But the fact of where the US is today, from where it was early Feb, is a result of what Trump did and didn't do and say lat-Jan, Feb into early March - nothing actually to do with where it started. However he continues to boast how he closed down immigration from China when he did (well he stopped some travel from China) yet the pandemic spread in the US was well underway at that point because he hadn't done anything sooner - in fact he had been denying it was even real - it was 'another Dem hoax...'

BTW - Trump's apparent bafflement and comments over how someone can test negative for the virus one day and positive the next is surely one of the dumbest things a US President has ever said. And on the basis of that dumbness he had a go at the value of testing :rolleyes:
My girlfriend has been doing regular pregnancy tests... always negative. Then suddenly one day it was positive .. no idea what happened. There was no point in all those negative tests if you are going to be positive one day

not saying he was right to do what he did, but maybe he knows more about how the virus started and believes that china could have prevented or stopped it before it spread.
the virus started in china and the whole world is suffering because of china, maybe in the uk in 4/6 months time when we're in a deep recession with mass unemployment etc, people here will be blaming china.
Correct, the first outbreak started around Dec in China. But the ORIGIN of the virus is still unknown and under investigation. As now there are reports of confirmed cases in France and Japan dated back as early as October 2019.
The UK media won't report or show this as this doesn't fit the anti-China narrative.

Suppose the same people blaming China will be the same people that blamed the ''immigrants of stealing their jobs'' ;)

Put it this way, what if the outbreak started in the US first or even the UK? What would the world look like then? Would the virus just magically disappear or would herd immunity be the answer before it travelled across the world?

murphthemog

Grand Slam Winner
My girlfriend has been doing regular pregnancy tests... always negative. Then suddenly one day it was positive .. no idea what happened. There was no point in all those negative tests if you are going to be positive one day
I think I know what might have happened. If you don't, I would start by asking the milkman, and the postman.

DanFST

Head Pro
Correct, the first outbreak started around Dec in China. But the ORIGIN of the virus is still unknown and under investigation. As now there are reports of confirmed cases in France and Japan dated back as early as October 2019.
The UK media won't report or show this as this doesn't fit the anti-China narrative.

Suppose the same people blaming China will be the same people that blamed the ''immigrants of stealing their jobs'' ;)

Put it this way, what if the outbreak started in the US first or even the UK? What would the world look like then? Would the virus just magically disappear or would herd immunity be the answer before it travelled across the world?

In all fairness, I'm blaming China. The CCP's handling has been atrocious and reckless, aided by the WHO.

There will be cases here as early as everyone else. We have the second most flights in the world to China I believe (can't find where I previously found that stat) 5 million people left Wuhan before the quarantine, it's the Chinese people I feel sorry for, they have been let down by the CCP again.

Edit: our media and especially the government have been very quiet about the CCP, mainly because we need them.