TRUMP, What the hell is going on

Robster59

Tour Rookie
Well you warned that this would happen.
This is what happens when you elect someone who just says what he believes people need to hear to get himself elected. He had no qualifications for this role, and it is now showing.
The USA have now overtaken China in the number of cases and it is going to get dramatically worse with no public healthcare, people still nay saying the severity of the situation, and everybody trying to blame everyone else.
You really do have my sympathies.

You actually get the impression that Trump sees the table showing more infections in the USA than China and thinks it is good news. I had dealings with him in the 1980s over the USFL (a three-year rival to the NFL) and he was the same up-his-own-arse full-of-carp moron that he is now.

You actually get the impression that Trump sees the table showing more infections in the USA than China and thinks it is good news. I had dealings with him in the 1980s over the USFL (a three-year rival to the NFL) and he was the same up-his-own-arse full-of-carp moron that he is now.
..and he is attacking some state governors for pleading for federal government support and complaining that they don't have enough ventilators and PPE - but with no federal coordination it's not straightforward to identify where there is currently a 'surplus' and move it to where there is a 'need'.

And we have Trump talking as if many hospitals are only claiming they need the numbers they need, when previously they needed so few. All in an attempt to make him look bad. And as far as individual states and counties within states being able to unilaterally decide that they are able to relax separation constraints and business closures for Easter. Apart from the sheer recklessness of it - does the guy not understand that viruses don't respect county or state boundaries? It's utterly horrific. God Help America.

Ye Olde Boomer

Thank you to whomever started this thread to give me a place to vent.
I see that orange buffoon on TV and my blood pressure goes through the roof.
I doubt that I've ever experienced this level of seething, viscerally felt hatred in my life before.
I though that I'd reached my limits with George W. Bush, and then this blob of disgusting excrement comes along and makes Bush look like FDR in comparison.

Somewhere in the depths of the Mariana Trench are whale droppings.
Various aquatic parasites feed off those droppings.
Donald J. Trump has to look upward to those parasites.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
I doubt that I've ever experienced this level of seething, viscerally felt hatred in my life before.
I though that I'd reached my limits with George W. Bush, and then this blob of disgusting excrement comes along and makes Bush look like FDR in comparison.

He certainly comes across as a complete BE

Ye Olde Boomer

Well with your experience @Ye Olde Boomer who would you put as the number one president during your lifetime. Although not to up there when it come to American politics cant remember anyone really being up their .
If Franklin Roosevelt lived to finish his last term, he would clearly have been the best US president of my lifetime. He died shortly before I was born.

Despite my being from the most progressive wing of our Democratic Party, I suppose the best president of my lifetime may have been a Republican, General Eisenhower. [There's no way he would ever have been a member of today's Republican party.]
Some good stuff was done during his administration--the national highway system being the most prominent. The development of the polio vaccine got a lot of government support. And in leaving, he warned us about the "military-industrial complex."

The Democratic presidents have been mostly Republican-Lites. Better than real Republicans but just barely. We can't get a real progressive like Senators Sanders and Warren nominated. And frankly, it's killing me.

Thinking that Stephen Miller has decided that it would be best for Trump to pretend that he always knew there would be a pandemic and that he knew that there was a terrible risk of 2m or so deaths.

So we find Trump talking about this figure - and just in last day or two talking of 1m deaths unless US citizens follow the isolation and separation recommendations rigorously - denying, lying and in denial over everything he has said about the pandemic over the last three months.

And so when there are no more than 200,000 deaths in the US, it doesn't take a genius to predict Trump will be claiming his 'victory' over the coronavirus - claiming that it was only through his greatest ever leadership that a possible 2m deaths was reduced to 200,000. And he'll ignore the observation that it was only through his self-obsession; his calamitous lack of leadership and honesty; indeed his dishonesty and spewing of misinformation, all through January through February and well into March, that the US suffered as it will.

How can we guess he'll do this. Well of course we know he will. He has already been pretending that he knew nothing of the disbanding in 2018 of the pandemic response team. That wasn't him - oh no - that was his administration. But surely the buck stops at the top? Well no - not if it's negative or nasty (sic) news.

Oh if only Andrew Cuomo were standing as Dem Pres Candidate.

Last edited:

Robster59

Tour Rookie

You've really got to stop holding it in Y.O.B. Unless you let your real feelings out you'll make yourself ill. ;)
I have to admit that is one of the most creative descriptions of DJT. You are to be commended.

Trump has his estimate of deaths up to 250,000 - cynically some might suggest to make any final number look better in comparison.

And he has started comparing how well the US compares favourably in it's dealing with CV-19; the volume of PPE; and the numbers of ventilators - with the likes of the UK..just great...:(