TRUMP, What the hell is going on

Not really my experience tbh - I've seen the problems in Iran being reported on the BBC and Channel4 news. Plus concerns about UK citizens currently held in Iranian jails...

Might have missed some specific Iranian issues

As an aside - we are watching Channel4 News at 7pm a lot at the moment as it is putting real focus on the pandemic with some lengthy and really informative interviews. And it doesn't bother doing much in the way of royal, celeb, or general interest stuff.

Last edited:

patricks148

Ryder Cup Winner
He didn't want the cruise liner to dock and the passengers to disembark as he didn't want those Americans on board diagnosed as having the virus to spoil the numbers as he 'liked the numbers' as they were - as far as he is concerned those Americans on the ship did not count as being 'our fault'.

Does he think Americans are that daft that they will not be able to understand that those on the liner are not in themselves indicative of a spreading of the virus in the US - that he believes them so daft that they will blame him for a sudden jump brought about by the cruise ship numbers?

It's insane, and through his words and actions he demonstrates just how utterly grotesque and twisted is his thinking about the world he lives in and about the country of which he is President. This is further exemplified by reports that the WH is suppressing advice from the CDC that, as a risk mitigation, seniors should avoid non-essential air travel. This had to be leaked.

And meanwhile in Fox News land we have this sort of stuff from Trish Regan. It's tripe, lies and disinformation - whatever biases you might think there are in the BBC - thank goodness we have the BBC - don't let those in this country that would destroy it get their way. Because if Fox News is a vision of what our future could be without the BBC...

no suprise this is the Donalds Fav new show:rolleyes:

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Is there any reason to keep an open mind on Trump? Bias? The man is corrupt beyond belief, he lies daily, has no redeeming qualities and is an absolutely certainty to end up in prison once he’s out of office.

I knew he’d be bad when he was elected but he’s far surpassed my expectations.

How anyone could attempt to defend him is baffling???
I think he's brilliant !!!!!

He's so brilliant that last night, whilst reading his autocued statement to the US people, he stated that his air travel ban would cover goods as well as people - and what d'ya know - that scared the bejeezus out of the US Markets which took a big tumble before Trump's aides corrected his misspeak. He is just the most brilliant something indeed.

Suggest you ask the doc to up your meds...;):ROFLMAO:
One 'good' thing about Trump - and most very recently exemplified by his disastrous Address to the Nation two nights ago - he makes Johnson seem the most authentic, reliable, stable, logical and knowledgeable leader any country could ever wish to have. ;)

Apparently he is baffled, confused and very angry that his words in the Address did nothing to reassure the nation and stabilise the markets, but instead seem to have made everything worse.

Hobbit

Ryder Cup Winner
One 'good' thing about Trump - and most very recently exemplified by his disastrous Address to the Nation two nights ago - he makes Johnson seem the most authentic, reliable, stable, logical and knowledgeable leader any country could ever wish to have. ;)

Apparently he is baffled, confused and very angry that his words in the Address did nothing to reassure the nation and stabilise the markets, but instead seem to have made everything worse.
He's not the only one who is baffled. I just can't believe he's still in office let alone running for and maybe winning another term in office. How on earth can a God fearing, bible-punching, intelligent country like the USA can tolerate a lying, cheating, evil misogynist as POTUS.

gmc40

Head Pro
He's not the only one who is baffled. I just can't believe he's still in office let alone running for and maybe winning another term in office. How on earth can a God fearing, bible-punching, intelligent country like the USA can tolerate a lying, cheating, evil misogynist as POTUS.
Consider Crazyface.

Imagine an American version.

Multiply by xxx million

There’s your answer!

I think Trump might now have realised that he has screwed up massively by telling the US public that the coronavirus is just Dem fake news...but his supporters might not truly believe what he said yesterday - which was at last some realism and measures similar to UKs new ones - but will he tell them that he got it wrong and apologise. Because I think he needs to to get full buy-in.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
I had a Skype session with my Son the other evening, hes now a USA Citizen. He explained the way the American electral system worked and how it makes it possible for Trump to get elected. I have to admit I still find it difficult to follow but he explained that it harps back to the days of the founding fathers and was designed to favour the interests of the powerful land owners and still follows those same principals even though the centres of power have shifted considerably.

I had a Skype session with my Son the other evening, hes now a USA Citizen. He explained the way the American electral system worked and how it makes it possible for Trump to get elected. I have to admit I still find it difficult to follow but he explained that it harps back to the days of the founding fathers and was designed to favour the interests of the powerful land owners and still follows those same principals even though the centres of power have shifted considerably.
I have Alistair Cooke's America on a shelf just itching to be re-read in the context of Trump. It's a great book (of a great series) and if I recall does a good job of explaining how and why the US Presidential system and the constitution were set up as they were. But I can't remember.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
I have Alistair Cooke's America on a shelf just itching to be re-read in the context of Trump. It's a great book (of a great series) and if I recall does a good job of explaining how and why the US Presidential system and the constitution were set up as they were. But I can't remember.
Might be worth looking if theres a kindle version while having more time on my hands.

Hobbit

Ryder Cup Winner
I think the powers have shifted from the landowners to big business. Presidencies are bought by big business paying for the best campaign.