TRUMP, What the hell is going on

Wolf

Perfectly open - just rather amused at how the guy interprets and conveys what he has been told :)

Trump will have been advised about a vaccine - and so he told the US public that 'we're very close to a vaccine' - not exactly what the experts would have told him...

https://www.statnews.com/2020/02/26/trump-mixed-messages-on-coronavirus/

Not surprisingly he is blaming the Fake News Media for exaggerating the risk - because Wall Street experienced falls - he says because of that exaggeration - and the falls in Wall Street might impact his re-election - and that is what the Fake News media want.

Well that's how he sees it...and he may be right - though I am not so sure that the markets react to what the Fake News Media say...more likely that they react to the facts behind the headlines.
SILH anyone who reads your posts can see you're far from open minded on anything Trump, Boris or the like do.

You take any bait you can to push your bias against them

Trump fired and didn't replace the entire national agency which had the responsibility for containing pandemics.
Nobody has an "open mind" about Trump.
Tolerance for Trump indicates the absence of a functional mind.
Don't try defending Trump with mere facts...you are simply a Fake News 'Jim Acosta'

gmc40

Head Pro
SILH anyone who reads your posts can see you're far from open minded on anything Trump, Boris or the like do.

Is there any reason to keep an open mind on Trump? Bias? The man is corrupt beyond belief, he lies daily, has no redeeming qualities and is an absolutely certainty to end up in prison once he’s out of office.

I knew he’d be bad when he was elected but he’s far surpassed my expectations.

How anyone could attempt to defend him is baffling???

Hobbit

Ryder Cup Winner
^^^ the seasonal 'flu' is far more deadly for those in 'high' risk categories.
Is it? Also seen a report that says it has spread quicker than SARS, and is proving more fatal. Might be splitting hairs but the response by so many countries is way more than for any other 'flu' we've had. Hysteria or what? I don't know but I am concerned about it, and no other 'flu' virus has ever bothered me.

Hobbit

Ryder Cup Winner
Is there any reason to keep an open mind on Trump? Bias? The man is corrupt beyond belief, he lies daily, has no redeeming qualities and is an absolutely certainty to end up in prison once he’s out of office.

I knew he’d be bad when he was elected but he’s far surpassed my expectations.

How anyone could attempt to defend him is baffling???
^^^^ the above with brass knobs on. As well as being morally bankrupt, he's downright dangerous from a global perspective. He worries me more than Iran.

They are both deceitful and self-serving serial liars...of course I am biased against them. Anyone may choose to accept and put up with such as them and that is their prerogative - but I am not - though it is unfortunate that I have to...

Trump of course is an order of magnitude or two worse than Johnson.

Last edited:

Hobbit

Ryder Cup Winner
They are both deceitful and self-serving serial liars...of course I am biased against them. Anyone may choose to accept and put up with such as them and that is their prerogative - but I am not - though it is unfortunate that I have to...

Trump of course is an order of magnitude or two worse than Johnson.
Is there a balance to be struck between recognising them for what they are and being some sort of Jesus figure clearing the temple?

Who is listened to, a screacher from a pulpit or someone who speaks calmly with balance?

Is there a balance to be struck between recognising them for what they are and being some sort of Jesus figure clearing the temple?

Who is listened to, a screacher from a pulpit or someone who speaks calmly with balance?
I did say that Trump is a couple of orders of magnitude worse than Johnson - though I fear Johnson - driven by Cummings - is taking lessons from the Trump Play Book. Does Johnson speak calmly with balance? Of course on some things he does. But that for me does not change my view of the words and actions of Johnson - and how these words and actions reflect his character and instincts. But I will try and be positive reflecting that at least he is not Trump.

Last edited:
6 die in Washington state as a result of coronavirus. Wondering if Trump is still spouting the 'it's a Dem hoax' line of a couple of nights ago, or whether he's apologised to the US public for pushing misleading untruths.

drdel

Tour Rookie
6 die in Washington state as a result of coronavirus. Wondering if Trump is still spouting the 'it's a Dem hoax' line of a couple of nights ago, or whether he's apologised to the US public for pushing misleading untruths.
Any preventable death is to be regretted but 6 in a population of 7.6 million is not necessarily something to be exaggerated (yet). I wonder how many have died from other season illnesses, crime etc. Is it rational to try and implicate Trump?

Any preventable death is to be regretted but 6 in a population of 7.6 million is not necessarily something to be exaggerated (yet). I wonder how many have died from other season illnesses, crime etc. Is it rational to try and implicate Trump?
Of course it is not rational to implicate Trump for Coronavirus and I did not do any such thing. Just as it is not rational for Trump to call out this as a 'Dem Hoax'.

But many US experts in the field of managing such things are pointing out major confusion and uncertainty in the WH handling of this also - much of that they think brought about by such as the lies spouted by Trump about the numbers infected and about the timescales for a vaccine...

Last edited:
Does PotUS realise how grotesque he looks and sounds in the CDC expressing in his views on the coronavirus outbreak in the US and on himself - and wearing a campaigning KAG hat.at the same time. I guess he doesn't care. But maybe Americans should - and maybe they will when they speak to their doctor and discover that Trump has been spinning and spinning porkies.

Last edited:

Kellfire

Tour Winner
Does PotUS realise how grotesque he looks and sounds in the CDC expressing in his views on the coronavirus outbreak in the US and on himself - and wearing a campaigning KAG hat.at the same time. I guess he doesn't care. But maybe Americans should - and maybe they will when they speak to their doctor and discover that Trump has been spinning and spinning porkies.

He’s a national embarrassment.

He’s a national embarrassment.
He didn't want the cruise liner to dock and the passengers to disembark as he didn't want those Americans on board diagnosed as having the virus to spoil the numbers as he 'liked the numbers' as they were - as far as he is concerned those Americans on the ship did not count as being 'our fault'.

Does he think Americans are that daft that they will not be able to understand that those on the liner are not in themselves indicative of a spreading of the virus in the US - that he believes them so daft that they will blame him for a sudden jump brought about by the cruise ship numbers?

It's insane, and through his words and actions he demonstrates just how utterly grotesque and twisted is his thinking about the world he lives in and about the country of which he is President. This is further exemplified by reports that the WH is suppressing advice from the CDC that, as a risk mitigation, seniors should avoid non-essential air travel. This had to be leaked.

And meanwhile in Fox News land we have this sort of stuff from Trish Regan. It's tripe, lies and disinformation - whatever biases you might think there are in the BBC - thank goodness we have the BBC - don't let those in this country that would destroy it get their way. Because if Fox News is a vision of what our future could be without the BBC...

Last edited:

Ye Olde Boomer

I am so depressed by the success of Republican-Lite Joe Biden in the US Democratic Party primaries that I can't turn on the TV and have to double my already maxed-out Prozac dosage.
The cretin Trump will kick his ass in the general election come November-- winning a huge majority of electoral votes while losing the popular vote by a greater margin than he did last time.

Your goddamned impossible immigration laws are leaving me to spend my last days in this socially regressive hell hole of a country. I could probably get into Italy on an ethnicity claim, but then I'll just croak on the pandemic virus.

And what a surprise - not - when Trump eventually has to accept that the virus is starting to spread rapidly in the USA and numbers of deaths and infections starting to be not so 'good' - and with criticism of lack of direction and leadership by him and of poor coordination and distribution of testing kits growing - Trump turns from blaming Obama and the Dems to blaming the EU - without providing any backup evidence or argued basis for his criticism and view that the spread in the US is the EUs fault. So within 48hrs Trump spins from Fake News and nothing to see hear - all under control - to shutting down air travel with the EU...

Putting aside questions around the logic of continuing to let US citizens travel freely between US and the EU; and that EU citizens can simply travel to UK or Ireland to fly to the US - this will be presented by Fox News and Trump's acolytes on the Hill as solid decision making by the president. Ignoring of course the fact that the real issue for the US is internal US management of the spread of the virus.

But of course Trump would direct his attention towards the EU as he needs to divert criticisms from himself to somewhere else - he can't really blame the virus and would have the EU collapse and disintegrate for his own political purposes. As many commentators are observing - the coronavirus pandemic could well be the one thing that could undermine Trumps chances of a 2nd term.

We can but shrug, wonder and indeed despair a bit for our cousins across the Pond.

Last edited: