TRUMP, What the hell is going on

Ye Olde Boomer

Nobody cares about our monster Trump today, I guess.
Please teach me how to get that son of a bitch out of my mind as well.
Any tips would be welcome.

OK, poor choice of words. I apologize to the entire canine kingdom.
The most vicious, rabid dog ever was the Messiah compared to the cretin Trump.
Far more intelligent and better mannered.

Nobody cares about our monster Trump today, I guess.
Please teach me how to get that son of a bitch out of my mind as well.
Any tips would be welcome.

OK, poor choice of words. I apologize to the entire canine kingdom.
The most vicious, rabid dog ever was the Messiah compared to the cretin Trump.
Far more intelligent and better mannered.
Just imagine him having his evil way with the fair Melania and you’ll force yourself to banish that image from your mind...

Nothwithstanding all the assurances some GOP senators gave about Trump learning from his Impeachment experience - indeed he has learned something - that he can do whatever he wants with impunity.

And so he sacks witnesses who gave evidence under oath - evidence that he didn't like; and indeed is suggesting that one of them (Vindman) should be charged as a result of the testimony given; and much more worrying for many he attempts (and succeeds?) in getting the Justice Department (strongly pressurised by another buddy Bill Barr) to slash it's recommended sentence for his mate Roger Stone from 7-9yrs (the guideline) to 3-4yrs.

And four state prosecutors resign in protest.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/12/opinion/trump-roger-stone.html

Ye Olde Boomer

The man is an insane fascist, and he has a plethora of supporters willing to support him in direst opposition to their own best interests.

Xenophobia, racism, religious bigotry, misogyny, and anti-intellectualism are most prevalent among poorly educated, low information Euro-American [white] working class voters,
and we have lots of them.

The Democratic Party's least progressive aspirants to the presidency get tons of convention delegates from states whose electoral votes are not going to go to the Democratic cnadidate anyway. Our primary system is not conducive to putting forward a good nominee, and there appears to be no impediment to our continueing to swirl down the drain of history's toilet.

drdel

Tour Rookie
The man is an insane fascist, and he has a plethora of supporters willing to support him in direst opposition to their own best interests.

Xenophobia, racism, religious bigotry, misogyny, and anti-intellectualism are most prevalent among poorly educated, low information Euro-American [white] working class voters,
and we have lots of them.

The Democratic Party's least progressive aspirants to the presidency get tons of convention delegates from states whose electoral votes are not going to go to the Democratic cnadidate anyway. Our primary system is not conducive to putting forward a good nominee, and there appears to be no impediment to our continueing to swirl down the drain of history's toilet.
With you strident views on your President and SILH's strident views on Brexit and the UK's PM you two should get married !!!

With you strident views on your President and SILH's strident views on Brexit and the UK's PM you two should get married !!!
I no longer have strident views on Brexit, it will be what it will be and those responsible can take the plaudits and accept the brickbats...

Many expressing huge concerns over the behaviour of AG Bill Barr in respect of Trump and Trump's buddies (2000+ former DoJ officials signed up to a letter calling for his resignation). Deputy AG under George H W Bush...Donald Ayer...writes in an Op-Ed

In chilling terms, Barr’s own words make clear his long-held belief in the need for a virtually autocratic executive who is not constrained by countervailing powers within our government under the constitutional system of checks and balances.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/02/donald-ayer-bill-barr-must-resign/606670/

It could never happen here...hmm...

Last edited:
Last night at a rally - Trump decides to comment on the big Oscar winner - Parasite from South Korea.

"And the winner is a movie from South Korea, what the hell was that all about?...We got enough problems with South Korea with trade. On top of it, they give them the best movie of the year? Was it good? I don’t know...Can we get ‘Gone With the Wind’ back, please?”

Don't you just love him...of all the films that Trump decides appropriate to bring up for comparison it is one that reflects back to the days of black American 'servitude'. What was it about that film that Trump finds so great. And oh how the crowd laughed and cheered him to the rafters.

As President Lincoln said...

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"

Last edited:
The really grim thing is that looking at clips of the Democrat debate last night on the news they are handing him another 4 years on a plate.
Indeed - Bloomberg made a total mess of it...and Sanders strides ahead. As my Democratic friends from Seattle said to us couple of weeks back...almost anyone but Sanders...

I listened to snippets from a Town Hall that Pete Buttigieg did couple of days back...and I liked the sound of him and his honesty - including about being gay and what he gets from the Trump Press for being so. But it will not be Pete.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Indeed - Bloomberg made a total mess of it...and Sanders strides ahead. As my Democratic friends from Seattle said to us couple of weeks back...almost anyone but Sanders...

I listened to snippets from a Town Hall that Pete Buttigieg did couple of days back...and I liked the sound of him and his honesty - including about being gay and what he gets from the Trump Press for being so. But it will not be Pete.
It may be that I am just not used to US politics but the vitriol that was flying was appalling. When you consider they are supposed to be on the same side that was disturbing. Why would undecided voters vote for the eventual winner if their colleagues dislike each other so much?

It may be that I am just not used to US politics but the vitriol that was flying was appalling. When you consider they are supposed to be on the same side that was disturbing. Why would undecided voters vote for the eventual winner if their colleagues dislike each other so much?
Indeed - I thought the same - they were intend on undermining each other and handing Trump all the ammo he needs when he is head-2-head with one of them. That said I thought that in the PB Town Hall he made very conciliatory noises about working with whoever won the nomination - whilst being highly critical of Bloomberg about trying to buy the nomination.

Just loving Trump's words of reassurance to the great American public on the coronavirus threat to the US

'There's a very good chance you're not gonna die'

Well aaahhhl raaayt :)

Wolf

Just loving Trump's words of reassurance to the great American public on the coronavirus threat to the US

'There's a very good chance you're not gonna die'

Well aaahhhl raaayt :)
And he's right... Sometimes you do look for the minutest of reasons to have a pop at Donald, Boris or anyone that doesn't meet your criteria.

Trump will have been advised by medical experts and scientists before he said anything. Try opening your mind just a little.

And he's right... Sometimes you do look for the minutest of reasons to have a pop at Donald, Boris or anyone that doesn't meet your criteria.

Trump will have been advised by medical experts and scientists before he said anything. Try opening your mind just a little.
Perfectly open - just rather amused at how the guy interprets and conveys what he has been told :)

Trump will have been advised about a vaccine - and so he told the US public that 'we're very close to a vaccine' - not exactly what the experts would have told him...

https://www.statnews.com/2020/02/26/trump-mixed-messages-on-coronavirus/

Not surprisingly he is blaming the Fake News Media for exaggerating the risk - because Wall Street experienced falls - he says because of that exaggeration - and the falls in Wall Street might impact his re-election - and that is what the Fake News media want.

Well that's how he sees it...and he may be right - though I am not so sure that the markets react to what the Fake News Media say...more likely that they react to the facts behind the headlines.