Tiger and Bridgestone

Thread starter #1

Traminator

Tiger Fitting Videos

Interesting 3-part short infomercial about Tiger's golf ball fitting process with Bridgestone.

I don't know if this was already public knowledge, but his famous "Nike" balls were actually Bridgestone...

J55TTC

Head Pro
Tiger Fitting Videos

Interesting 3-part short infomercial about Tiger's golf ball fitting process with Bridgestone.

I don't know if this was already public knowledge, but his famous "Nike" balls were actually Bridgestone...
I’m a fan of the ball and player so yeah I knew this but it’s still interesting. I really like the Bridgestone tour balls, placebo - maybe but I’ve had some of my best ever rounds with them. Not many people play them either so easy to identify your ball.

Thread starter #3

Traminator

I’m a fan of the ball and player so yeah I knew this but it’s still interesting. I really like the Bridgestone tour balls, placebo - maybe but I’ve had some of my best ever rounds with them. Not many people play them either so easy to identify your ball.
I'm just slowly getting through all my left over ProV's then I'm switching, currently have 6 dozen Tour BXS waiting to be lost. Great ball.

J55TTC

Head Pro
I’m a total hoarder of golf balls, I buy perfect condition lake balls off eBay and have a couple dozen of just about everything. I’ll compare a couple of different ones side by side on the short game area and I must admit I’m really liking the new TaylorMade tour response

Thread starter #6

Traminator

I have about 6 dozen B330s to get through before I get into the stock of BXS I have acquired :ROFLMAO:

Been the best ball on the market for me for years.
I played foursomes once and my partner pulled out a Bridgestone something, might have been a B330 maybe.
I don't know why but I liked it, just never followed it up as I was still convinced there was nothing to match the ProV...

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Ive played Bridgestone E6 for a number of years now.

Not a premium ball, but I like it. Similar bracket to an AD333 I guess.

I'm just slowly getting through all my left over ProV's then I'm switching, currently have 6 dozen Tour BXS waiting to be lost. Great ball.
Tour BXS is my ball of choice. Always liked the 330 model, now buy Tour BXS when purchasing new balls. Feels really nice off the club face, seem to eek a bit more out of them than I do for ProV and TP5. Great value ball too for the price.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Staff member
i found with Bridgestone balls, well at least the top end B330, if you didn'y have 105 swing speed plus, the ball doesn't really perform for you. the ones my mate used actually says that on the box

Orikoru

Tour Winner
i found with Bridgestone balls, well at least the top end B330, if you didn'y have 105 swing speed plus, the ball doesn't really perform for you. the ones my mate used actually says that on the box
All their descriptions still say that to be fair: https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/Bridgestone-Tour-B-X-Golf-Balls.html#SID=8560
"With REACTIV you can now get more distance and more spin out of the same golf ball. Designed to fit golfers with tour fast swing speeds of over 105mph, the new Tour B X has higher ball speed for maximum distance while having 'hit and sit' performance on approach shots."

I think that's quite helpful, particularly when the names they've given them are completely indistinguishable. On the B RXS & RX ones it says swings under 105.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Ive played Bridgestone E6 for a number of years now.

Not a premium ball, but I like it. Similar bracket to an AD333 I guess.
I briefly used these a while ago but they keep changing it so I gave up. At one point it was 'e6 Soft' and it was a 3-piece, now it's just e6 and it's gone back to being a 2-piece - probably more to rival the AD333 as you say.

I’ve always played a standard pro v1 for years now ,I do like a tp5 but keep going back to my old faithful pro v1 .whats the equivalent in the Bridgestone ?and how do they compare ?sorry to crash the post

Orikoru

Tour Winner
I’ve always played a standard pro v1 for years now ,I do like a tp5 but keep going back to my old faithful pro v1 .whats the equivalent in the Bridgestone ?and how do they compare ?sorry to crash the post
Tiger plays the BXS so let's say that one. He has sworn for years it's the best ball. More pros play the ProV1, but Titleist are probably paying them more and it's good enough for them obviously.

drive4show

Ryder Cup Winner
Good question. Looks like they do 5 premium balls now whereas Titleist/TM etc do 2.

Their tyres are pretty good so I guess the balls will be too :geek:

saving_par

Challenge Tour Pro
This is where the Bridgestone swing speed rating is misleading.

BX/BXS are in the same bracket as ProV1/1x yet Titleist dont market them for swing speed.

Not used a Titeist for a few years but I used to find they flew a little high of the driver for me and felt a touch soft whereas the Bridgestone had a more boring flight into the wind.

Manufacturers seem to make suble changes all the time to the golf ball, the newest BXS is certainly softer feeling than previously but still performs incredibly well.

It will be interesting to see if Bridgestone use DeChambeu more in their marketing the way he is smashing the BX off the tee.

Chico84

I’ve used a variety of Bridgestone balls for a while now and really like them. Originally I bought a dozen of the 2019 version of the B RX, aimed at sub 105mph swing speed. Primarily I bought them as they were on special offer and were yellow! I just fancied a change from using the Srixon AD333.

Turned out these balls were amazing. I’m still a relative beginner but they seemed to just work really well for me. It may have been a placebo but I played better. To put this into context I will lose plenty of balls in a round, especially in winter with all the leaves. With these balls I hit fairway after fairway and was only loosing them from my appalling driver slice.

Since then I was given a load of e6 softs as a Christmas present and have worked my way through them steadily. I like them too but they don’t feel as buttery off the club like the B RX did.

I’ve now bought a few B XS in the 2020 version to try out as my swing speed has increased a bit as I’ve got better. I haven’t had a chance to try them yet but looking forward to it, even if I find out that the B RX is better suited to me.

If you shop around you will find them cheaper than the Pro V1 and TP5 and the choice of four premium balls seems more adaptable to the individual player. I can’t see myself changing from Bridgestone unless their prices start getting silly.

Thread starter #20

Traminator

I've used ProV1X forever (sometimes use ProV1 in the summer).
I love the Tour BXS, does exactly what the ProV does, I played them side by side for a couple of rounds and I prefer the quieter BXS and the fact they were £25 per dozen at the time instead of 40 or whatever.

I can't comment from personal experience on the differences in playing the different Tour B balls, but to be honest they are probably tiny.