Things That Gladden The Heart

This morning - listening to the genius of David Bowie on The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars on vinyl and nice and loud.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
I love it when the wife gives me the silent treatment. she thinks its punishment. I, of course, look suitably pained whilst inwardly my heart is skipping along like a new lamb.
I am the same when mrs d isn’t talking to me! Plus, she’ll go to bed about 7 so I don’t have to see her either

Imurg

Grand Slam Winner
Getting overtaken by a peasant in a Nissan Skyline acting like he's being chased by a Terminator,seeing him cut up half of of the cars in front of him and disappear into the sunset.
2 minutes later I catch him up.
The Skyline is in a ditch and he's standing there with his head in his hands...
A toot of the horn and a friendly wave and off I chuckled......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thread starter #594

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Getting overtaken by a peasant in a Nissan Skyline acting like he's being chased by a Terminator,seeing him cut up half of of the cars in front of him and disappear into the sunset.
2 minutes later I catch him up.
The Skyline is in a ditch and he's standing there with his head in his hands...
A toot of the horn and a friendly wave and off I chuckled......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Karma is very quick these days

Day #1 of my 6 month career break coming to and end - and it's a bit weird not having to bother at all about work tomorrow - though I'm still thinking 'work' and will be checking my work Email shortly - just in case (now that is a serious random irritation...). But Mrs SILH has said I can play in our Thursday roll-up tomorrow morning - and in my 15yrs a member that'll be just the 2nd time I've done that :)

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Big queue at my very popular local Garden centre café. They serve excellent scones.
I watch two carers struggle with their clients and get them seated before joining me at the back of the queue.
I tell them to go in front of me, they realise I am just being nice and gracefully accept.
15 mins later we get to the counter and just before the careers are served I spot the last scone left in the tray...……….

What would you do ?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Day #1 of my 6 month career break coming to and end - and it's a bit weird not having to bother at all about work tomorrow - though I'm still thinking 'work' and will be checking my work Email shortly - just in case (now that is a serious random irritation...). But Mrs SILH has said I can play in our Thursday roll-up tomorrow morning - and in my 15yrs a member that'll be just the 2nd time I've done that :)
Every day is a Saturday...……..enjoy.

Wolf

Arriving home to our newly fitted jacuzzi bath all working, filled with bubble bath with the lights dimmed down and a coffee perched on the corner shelf for me to get in and relax courtesy of Mrs Wolf...