Things That Gladden The Heart

DRW

Tour Rookie
Plastic sheeting arrived, be able to finish off the covid safe room for family visits. What the hell has happened to normal life:LOL: But happy today.

Never worked for me, the 5 treat days are alright, but I really struggle with the 2 'good' ones. :unsure:
I have been taking the approach that I apply similar restraint on the 5 days as I do on the 2 (to build habit and make the 2 days seem not that abnormal) - in that I have almost completely cut out carbs from my diet - so no bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, crisps, with dairy cut right down (not even a spot of milk in tea or coffee) and no salted peanuts or chocolate (my main weaknesses) or any other sweets. On my 5 days I allow myself a few chips if we are having fish or steak. Two meals a day and absolutely NO snacking between meals, usually a late breakfast and dinner before 8pm.

Rooter

Money List Winner
I have been taking the approach that I apply similar restraint on the 5 days as I do on the 2 (to build habit and make the 2 days seem not that abnormal) - in that I have almost completely cut out carbs from my diet - so no bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, crisps, with dairy cut right down (not even a spot of milk in tea or coffee) and no salted peanuts or chocolate (my main weaknesses) or any other sweets. On my 5 days I allow myself a few chips if we are having fish or steak. Two meals a day and absolutely NO snacking between meals, usually a late breakfast and dinner before 8pm.
My issue with diets like this, is they are not sustainable. you cant live the rest of your life in 5:2, but I suppose if it works to shed some timber before making a true lifestyle adjustment then happy days. But in my view, these short term 'fixes' will end up with the person piling the weight back on, and then doing it all again..

My issue with diets like this, is they are not sustainable. you cant live the rest of your life in 5:2, but I suppose if it works to shed some timber before making a true lifestyle adjustment then happy days. But in my view, these short term 'fixes' will end up with the person piling the weight back on, and then doing it all again..
Oh I agree, and that is why I have not completely cut out carbs in my 5 days. I have just decided that I must get my mind and body used to not eating tons of the stuff - as I was. And get me cutting back on chocolate, crisps and sweets all of which I was eating in amounts that were simply to satisfy a 'couldn't care less / I'll be OK' attitude about my weight. No point in waiting until the weight I want to lose is lost before I start trying to change my eating habits - I have to do that whilst working on losing it.

My Tampa Bay Rays reaching the World Series. First my ice hockey team wins the Stanley Cup, now the team with the lowest payroll in the sport makes it to the pinnacle of baseball. What a year to be a Tampa sports fan (part 2).