Things That Gladden The Heart

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Shot a brace of Grouse tonight, Rupert flushed and retrieved both without fault... Grouse for tea.. very proud of him
I thought you were supposed to hang them until nearly rotten to enjoy the gamey taste.;)
Not my favourite game bird, always enjoyed a bit of partridge or mallard
My dad was a wildfowler and an uncle was a gamekeeper/rabbit warden so never a lack of meat on our table growing up.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Staff member
I thought you were supposed to hang them until nearly rotten to enjoy the gamey taste.;)
Not my favourite game bird, always enjoyed a bit of partridge or mallard
My dad was a wildfowler and an uncle was a gamekeeper/rabbit warden so never a lack of meat on our table growing up.
No hate it like that, easy to pluck if well hung, but i just cut the breast out on these two and we had those in a port jus

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Doing a good deed. Warms the cockles and all that. I was delivering the local village newsletter and saw an elderly lady trying to move something on her driveway. Delivered her newsletter and saw she was still bending over looking at this black bag. Anyhow asked if I could help and she said "it's very heavy and I don't want you to hurt yourself". Told her I was stronger than I look and picked it up and she unlocked her garage door and I put it in there for her.

No biggie but she was grateful and I felt good :love: