Things That Gladden The Heart

Rooter

Money List Winner
Played with the guy and as you suspected he's supposedly in lockdown until 1st August. He was quite upfront and said he's going stir crazy and his mental health being affected and he figured playing in a big field for four hours and then driving home. He's not going to supermarkets or going out other than for golf so I can see his argument but as I pointed out the stark truth behind the risks he's taking
I'm the same as Him homer, its about being sensible,

Thread starter #3,304

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
I'm the same as Him homer, its about being sensible,
Must be something in the water. The in-laws who have really abided to the lockdown completely as they have a number of serious health conditions announced to HID they had had enough and were contemplating a trip to town or somewhere relatively open like RHS Wisley. HID not happy and now worried about them putting themselves in harms way but her old man is old fashioned and extremely stubborn and now he's made up his mind he won't be for turning. Nothing we can do but keep banging on about the severity of the disease if you get it and the risk still being out there

Thread starter #3,305

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
On a more positive note, HID also picked up her new car. Only a Ford Ecosport but a big change from the nine years of having our Fiesta, which had 117k on the clock, an oil leak, creaking suspension and now making a loud and disconcerting noise when the engine switched off. Would have definitely failed the MOT. The new car is ex-demo so got the top of the range stereo and all the bells and whistles, and only 825 miles on the clock. Got a good deal on the finance and she's so happy

Wolf

Went out for a best effort 2.4km (military test length run) last night & smashing my 1km PB run time out of the park and doing it sub 3:30mins, have to admit my lungs were bursting out my chest though.
Still in shock at it today 😳, fortunately its all there on strava and my watch for me to actually believe I managed it.

GB72

Money List Winner
[
The first week will be awful anyway. Everyone converging at once to find they're only letting a few people in to keep the 'social distance', basically you'll have people queuing round the block for one pint in a plastic cup every two hours.
Depends on where you are a guess, agree with the issues regarding urban pubs but our village local has been effectively made invite only for the first week to thank those that have supported them by using takeaway services during the lockdown.

The importance of pubs can be split and this, for my village, is opening up an essential community hub as much as it is opening a place to buy a beer.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
[

Depends on where you are a guess, agree with the issues regarding urban pubs but our village local has been effectively made invite only for the first week to thank those that have supported them by using takeaway services during the lockdown.

The importance of pubs can be split and this, for my village, is opening up an essential community hub as much as it is opening a place to buy a beer.
Ah that sounds decent. I know that any of the pubs I used to go to will be a nightmare so I won't be rushing back immediately. But these are pubs in Harrow, Watford etc where they were often rammed anyway.