Things That Gladden The Heart

Dan2501

Tour Winner
It is against Gov advice. I have been advised to pretty much stay in until August 1st. from 6th July i can:

meet in a group of 6 people outside (while distancing)
no longer socially distance from my own family at home!
Create a support bubble with one other household

From 1st August, if i can hold the excitement that long i can:

go to work if i cannot work from home
Go to the supermarket/church or go outside for exercise
remain cautious! and stay at home where possible.

And this advice above is for approx 2 million people!!!
Depends who he's playing with doesn't it? Can exercise outside if he's alone or with someone in his household? Or at least that's how I've interpreted the shielding advice. I've been shielding but am back playing golf, but only playing with my wife. From July 6th I'll be playing with others from other households but obviously maintaining social distancing. If he's already playing with people from other households (which it seems he is from Homer's latest message), then yeah, he's going against the advice.

Could just imagine sitting around the pool on holiday with a boozy cocktail in my hand and that blasting in the background. And that’s a good thing.
Thanks guys - mentioned your feedback to my lad and he was well chuffed (though he did ask if you'd downloaded :)). In fact it's BBC Introducing he's gone through - and so it is getting national airplay...(y)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Had first return to Sunday footy training tonight. Absolutely roasting and just a few of us having a kickabout, but I've missed it so much and great to see some of the lads again. And I'm absolutely dead on my feet now. But real footy is back!

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Thanks guys - mentioned your feedback to my lad and he was well chuffed (though he did ask if you'd downloaded :)). In fact it's BBC Introducing he's gone through - and so it is getting national airplay...(y)
Does he get more money if we download it? If so I'll be happy to download it even if I have no intention of listening to it.

EDIT - that's in no way a criticism of your son or his music as I'm fairly sure I'm not his target audience but I would be happy to download it if it adds to his bank balance.

For my Uncle Les (he was Liverpool FCs bank manager in the 1970s+80s and a Directors Box regular - tough eh?) - well done Klopp and Liverpool. Though Les was at heart a Warrington Rugby League man - he was a very keen Liverpool FC man, and a man of and for the people of Liverpool - he'd have been so delighted. God bless you Uncle Les - gone some years now - someone I always looked up to - as strict as you were...you will be looking down today with a big smile on your face :)

Last edited:
Thread starter #3,297

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
It is against Gov advice. I have been advised to pretty much stay in until August 1st. from 6th July i can:

meet in a group of 6 people outside (while distancing)
no longer socially distance from my own family at home!
Create a support bubble with one other household

From 1st August, if i can hold the excitement that long i can:

go to work if i cannot work from home
Go to the supermarket/church or go outside for exercise
remain cautious! and stay at home where possible.

And this advice above is for approx 2 million people!!!
Played with the guy and as you suspected he's supposedly in lockdown until 1st August. He was quite upfront and said he's going stir crazy and his mental health being affected and he figured playing in a big field for four hours and then driving home. He's not going to supermarkets or going out other than for golf so I can see his argument but as I pointed out the stark truth behind the risks he's taking

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
The very pretty and busty young lady (I would guess early 20's) in front of me in the queue outside Tesco today who decided that tight white denim hot pants and a bikini top was suitable attire to go shopping in. And thanks to the one way system in operation in the shop I was "forced" to follow her around the shop. Although a slight random irritation of the day was when I realised that she was young enough to be my daughter.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
The amazing light show nature just provided us. I could have sat all night watching the forks split the night sky. But sadly the torrential rain came with it.

One of the brightest and most violent electrical storms I have seen in a good few years.

Nature at its brutal best. Amazing.