Things That Gladden The Heart

patricks148

Global Moderator
Staff member
who'd have though a bit of rain was so nice, been scorching here for the last 2 months, was on on the bike this moring along the canal, started to drizzle... it was lovely, soo cooling.

no doubt i will be posting in a day or so in RI about it raining:ROFLMAO:

I have just learned that competitions are now running at my club
The 1st 2 only had 6 players in each
I plan to hopefully play at the weekend - cold (i.e 1st striking since late Feb)
Although a golf post i'm placing it here - as the sad outcome of such folly may gladden your hearts :ROFLMAO:

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Putting on a pair of shorts that I haven't worn since last year (they have been washed) and finding a €5 note in the pocket. However, I don't think I will be spending it abroad for a while yet.

We've just had to spend a packet refurbing the pebble-dash exterior of our house (its Arts and Crafts so pebble-dash is what should be). You stand and look and it looks real nice and the house no longer looks like a 'dooer-upper' - but you wonder - was it really worth it. Then a neighbour knocks on the door and says - your house looks really nice - we really like what you've had done - can you tell us about the folks who did it.

And that does rather gladden the heart as I could play Dumbarnie Links until I was sick of it given the cost :)

Thread starter #3,075

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Seeing not one, but two sizeable hedgehogs in our garden last night.
Great fun watching them isn't it. We've a few that come over the course of a few hours and got a couple of houses tucked away. I know they've been used before but don't want to look as if there are young in there I have read mum will simply abandon them if the "nest" gets disturbed

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
A couple of small pluses for me this week... For the first time since my accident I have been able to put on my favourite pair of loafers... The crocs can now be binned (y)... And, getting on the scales, this morning, I am down to 89Kgs :):)... Twenty years, at least, since I've seen that figure... And and, I am back to working on getting my balance sorted...