Things That Gladden The Heart

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Swedish chocolate is orgasmic !

might go for a pint tomorrow... tee hee hee

although I was trying to be tight, one cheeky pint won’t hurt, it will be quick, I don’t have any friends.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Just got some fresh langoustines delivered and had scallops delivered at start of week as well.
Eating like Kings up here at the moment!!

Had scallops in the week and having langoustines tomorrow, such a shame langoustines from the west coast mostly go in normal times to the continent .

Nothing better (y)

At work earlier (well, at home at work) I got an email asking to add someone called Kevin Keegan to our system. Took every fibre of my being not to reply with "I would LOVE to add them to the system, just love it!" :p
A few months ago, our work cleaner was on the phone trying to sort something out and was trying to give his name "No it's HEADLEY.."
All I could think about for the rest of the day was Blazing Saddles.

Blue in Munich

Money List Winner
Swedish chocolate is orgasmic !

might go for a pint tomorrow... tee hee hee

although I was trying to be tight, one cheeky pint won’t hurt, it will be quick, I don’t have any friends.
That is possibly the lowest behaviour I have seen on here for a while, & worthy of an infraction!! :mad:

Have one for me, you git. :p

Blue in Munich

Money List Winner
Mrs. BiM had a back twinge so went to the chiropractor this morning, which nearly resulted in her putting it out completely. Bear with me...

Mrs. BiM & the chiropractor were discussing safety measures re the virus. Apparently someone the chiropractor knows, rather than wiping the tins & stuff down, put it in the dishwasher. This resulted in removing every label from the tins, and cooking some of the contents. You couldn't make it up!

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
That is possibly the lowest behaviour I have seen on here for a while, & worthy of an infraction!! :mad:

Have one for me, you git. :p
Ah I haven’t done it today, I have just saved myself £800 by not purchasing a second set of clubs for out here ... I was strong and just bought a driver that was very easy. Now I need to work out if I can pop back home in the uk pick up my clubs and come back here to Gothenburg... in a weekend without infringing the quarantine

pauldj42

Money List Winner
Ah I haven’t done it today, I have just saved myself £800 by not purchasing a second set of clubs for out here ... I was strong and just bought a driver that was very easy. Now I need to work out if I can pop back home in the uk pick up my clubs and come back here to Gothenburg... in a weekend without infringing the quarantine
Can you not ask your new colleagues if they have the equivalent of gumtree or facebook marketplace for you to search?

chrisd

Major Champion
I remember posting on one of the Brexit threads many moons ago that I was appalled by the bias being shown by the BBC on their coverage of Brexit and, as you'd expect my view was roundly derided by the usual suspects on here. Well, it now appears that Ofcom have decided that they agree that the BBCwas biased in a report that they have released

pauldj42

Money List Winner
I remember posting on one of the Brexit threads many moons ago that I was appalled by the bias being shown by the BBC on their coverage of Brexit and, as you'd expect my view was roundly derided by the usual suspects on here. Well, it now appears that Ofcom have decided that they agree that the BBCwas biased in a report that they have released
You got a link Chris, I did see a report earlier in the year were some complaints of bias were upheld and some dismissed.
So not sure if they were bias during the whole process or just with certain programmes etc.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Yeah I was thinking that, eBay must be active over here as well
Another option for you. Could you get your clubs and bag wrapped and shipped via ups, dhl or equivalent. Would your work have an account you could ship via? I haven't shipped to Gothenburg before but I would expect to Stockholm that would cost £30-40. It would save duplicating gear.

chrisd

Major Champion
You got a link Chris, I did see a report earlier in the year were some complaints of bias were upheld and some dismissed.
So not sure if they were bias during the whole process or just with certain programmes etc.
It was reported in Thursday's Express Paul but I haven't seen a link to Ofcom

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Another option for you. Could you get your clubs and bag wrapped and shipped via ups, dhl or equivalent. Would your work have an account you could ship via? I haven't shipped to Gothenburg before but I would expect to Stockholm that would cost £30-40. It would save duplicating gear.
Realistically that’s the right thing to do, I have enough spares. I was wondering if the quarantine will be an issue if I flew back for a weekend

Thread starter #2,999

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Northwick Park driving range is.......
🥁 🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁

OPEN! 💪
A local range opens on Tuesday and the teaching pro I use resumes then. I need to see him but already fully booked on Tuesday so hoping for Wednesday to get my game back on track. At least I have somewhere to work on my game without having to book a specific practice time at the club to use the practice ground and be limited to 60 balls