Things That Gladden The Heart

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Finally pulled the trigger and become a member of a golf club! Booked 18 holes at 6.20 in the morning and another 18 on Friday morning! Canโ€™t wait! ๐Ÿ˜
Secretary seemed unsure how I would get a handicap during โ€œthese timesโ€ but said heโ€™d look into it.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Well i was shown a food delivery app and i am afraid i had a Pizza Hut delivered with ice cream to follow ! Bank holiday tomorrow here and then the office is closed so I will be having a little wander about an i may have some accommodation sorted as well .. then it will be a dilemma new sticks or not

I think it's just for more height options for the grill but you could be correct.
Got a beer can chicken planned for Saturday and slow cooked pork shoulder for Sunday, weather permitting :cool:
havent done a beer can chicken, but have done the slow cooked pork shoulder. The first time I did it, the wife was very confused as to why I was getting up at 4 AM to light the BBQ. 14 hours later there was a lot of very tasty pulled pork.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
havent done a beer can chicken, but have done the slow cooked pork shoulder. The first time I did it, the wife was very confused as to why I was getting up at 4 AM to light the BBQ. 14 hours later there was a lot of very tasty pulled pork.
:ROFLMAO:
Did you do it in a kettle bbq or a smoker? I've been reading about the minion method and bbq coal snakes, there's a whole world of bbq techniques out there I never knew about :oops:
And I'm still waiting for the self proclaimed bbq king of the GM forum Captain Iron to post some recipes :p

:ROFLMAO:
Did you do it in a kettle bbq or a smoker? I've been reading about the minion method and bbq coal snakes, there's a whole world of bbq techniques out there I never knew about :oops:
And I'm still waiting for the self proclaimed bbq king of the GM forum Captain Iron to post some recipes :p
Done on a Weber Kettle, its the only BBQ I have, but have been able to do everything I want on it so far. I use the snake method, think it works much better on the kettle and is easy to control the temperature. Briquettes are much better for a snake, but make sure you use good quality ones (I only use Weber), cheap briquettes have chemicals in which effect the taste of the food. Light 7-8 briquettes in a chimney starter and then when they are ready, place them on the end of your snake. If you want to add some smoke, then get some wood chunks in the first quarter of your snake.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Done on a Weber Kettle, its the only BBQ I have, but have been able to do everything I want on it so far. I use the snake method, think it works much better on the kettle and is easy to control the temperature. Briquettes are much better for a snake, but make sure you use good quality ones (I only use Weber), cheap briquettes have chemicals in which effect the taste of the food. Light 7-8 briquettes in a chimney starter and then when they are ready, place them on the end of your snake. If you want to add some smoke, then get some wood chunks in the first quarter of your snake.
Million dollar question.
Regarding temps, Weber website says only adjust the top vent to control the temp, other websites say only the bottom. What have you found that works best?

Million dollar question.
Regarding temps, Weber website says only adjust the top vent to control the temp, other websites say only the bottom. What have you found that works best?
Have a look at a Facebook group called "CountryWoodSmoke", all the info you could ever need is available on there.

From the research I did, I went with using the bottom vents to control the temperatures. If you close the top vents there isnt really a release for the smoke and it can effect the taste. I dont have a hinged lid, so I rotate the lid as the snake burns so that the vent is opposite where the lit part of the snake is, this draws the heat and smoke over the meat. One thing you may not like to hear is that the built in thermometers are not that accurate, so use as a guide only. If you are planning on doing slow cooks, such are pork shoulders/ribs/briskets I would invest in thermometer such as a "meater" which will allow you to monitor the temp on the grill and also the internal temperature of the meat. Some of the bigger joints of meat are pretty expensive, so a shame to ruin one.