Things That Gladden The Heart

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
hopefully this post stays here and doesnt go across to the RI thread later in the week! gl
Should be okay, SAS have all their flight details and cancellations 7 days in advance. It looks like they have a reduced service as there are 3 flights out every day but they have reduced it to a single one. I’ll keep looking on their website as they seem to be quite honest. It won’t be a random irritation as they are being honest about their services and refunds.

Thread starter #2,884

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Seeing one of our NHS neighbours home after a six night stay in hospital with covid...
Good news. After losing a friend last week (and a consultant I knew last month) then I get really nervous whenever any of the staff are reported as being in patients as I've seen how quickly people can make a turn for the worse. Hopefully your friend can recover at home and be back on their feer and at work again soon

Orikoru

Tour Winner
I'm no animal lover, far from it, but I heard this animal moaning noise and went to check it out. Two cats standing face to face and 'yowling' at each other in next door's garden for over 5 minutes. It was actually really funny. Missus took a video of it and one of them starting giving her evils for filming it. :LOL:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Staff member
not a great morning here for my bike ride with the dog this morning, cold, windy and heavy showers, long may it continue, hardly saw a sole, usually packed (y)

richart

Major Champion
Last hole I played before the lockdown, 18th at my club, I birdied. First hole back after the lockdown I birdied. Ok before and after these birdiies was not pretty, but back to back birdies two months apart.(y):)

Hobbit

Ryder Cup Winner
We opened the bar at the bowling club today. All the right distancing and protocols. 9 of us sat there out on the terrace, around 3 big table. Up rocks our oldest member, who lives 2 down from the club. He's into his 90's now, still lives on his own and isn't quite 100% there. "By eck I've missed you lot. Who's the nice person that going to by me a beer?"

This guy has been there, done it, seen it, met the stars, drunk with them, ridden it and jumped from it.... and I've seen the pictures. He is a legend! And you'd have been killed in the rush to buy him that beer!

The world might not be perfect at present but its still alive and kicking.

Thread starter #2,897

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
A lot of the portering staff lining the corridor from ICU to our respiratory ward (social distancing) to clap their colleague out of our care after a very close call and extended stay. Hopefully he'll go from strength to strength now and be home soon. Numbers continue to go down as well

williamalex1

Money List Winner
We opened the bar at the bowling club today. All the right distancing and protocols. 9 of us sat there out on the terrace, around 3 big table. Up rocks our oldest member, who lives 2 down from the club. He's into his 90's now, still lives on his own and isn't quite 100% there. "By eck I've missed you lot. Who's the nice person that going to by me a beer?"

This guy has been there, done it, seen it, met the stars, drunk with them, ridden it and jumped from it.... and I've seen the pictures. He is a legend! And you'd have been killed in the rush to buy him that beer!

The world might not be perfect at present but its still alive and kicking.
Cheers :love: