Things That Gladden The Heart

Thread starter #2,865

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Someone posted a video from our local hospital today, one of the healthcare assistants left ICU today having been there for 4 weeks to rapturous applause from everyone
We clapped a lady out to a ward after 35 days yesterday which was fantastic. There are some great stories out there on social media about some really inspiring recoveries from almost the brink to being released home so encouraging that hospitals are doing the best job they can and are making a difference still.

Imurg

Grand Slam Winner
That feeling when you cut your grass 2 days ago and next door cuts theirs today....and theres a demarcation line between them because he used a higher cutting height than I did which means he'll be cutting his again before me.
200.gif

Sweet Jesus, I need to get out more:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Slime

Tour Winner
I’ll blow my trumpet. I cleaned my car today. And my wife’s. And then next door. And then their neighbour. Gratis. :cool:
Wow, you work quickly!
I did my sister's car over the last couple of days.
10½ hours, outside of the car only ......................... it did look good though. (y)

Slime

Tour Winner
you clean it with a toothbrush?
It hadn't been cleaned for I don't know how long!
One hour to do the wheels, another hour and a bit do get rid of all the tar, a good wash, a good clay, half an hour to mask it, 3+ hours to polish it, then a good coat of wax, treat all the rubber and plastic bits, then there's the glass ........................... it soon adds up.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Been a good 24 hours

Picked the twins names. Daughter's picked them up straight away so she getting used to them

Ordered double pram, second cot, new baby monitor etc

Mrs has finished her plans for our daughters new room which is 90% done.. she moves in next month for her bday. Then we can redo the nursery to fit two in.

Oh and Mrs favourite Chinese has reopened .. so it's on the way!