Things That Gladden The Heart

patricks148

Global Moderator
Staff member
spotted a Pine Marten out on the walk today, seen them before but never in the mddle of the day:love:

and also just walked in the door after the walk, which was warm and sunny all morning, peeing it down now

patricks148

Global Moderator
Staff member
I know, was a cracking morning, got my grass all cut in the nick of time 😀
Still can’t believe the amount of idiots driving to SNH building then walking round the course 😡
a lot of the ponds are drying up and the linings are lifting so the club has stuck danger signs up, not that anyone is taking any notice quite a few groups of kids and familes playing in them. i keep Ruper away, he almost got stuck in one 3 weeks ago when the water level wasn't as low as it is now

Swinglowandslow

Seeing my beautiful Border terrier apparently recover from the bad enteritis she had since the beginning of the week. She was so good at asking to go out, even at times throughout the night, waking us, that she never had one "accident" indoors.
The vets medicine has had a very quick effect, so hopefully she will continue to get back to normal.
Dogs eat all sorts , we knew that , so we thought our bland diet we gave her would bring her back to normal, but it didn't . That's when your fears start to grow...etc.

Anyway, we feel relieved today ...

murphthemog

Grand Slam Winner
The Bluebells of Scotland, fabulous in our area this year.
One of our woods had a few 10 years ago, absolutely covered now.
We had fabulous bluebells this year. The best were round the back of The Grove. They have a woodland walk, and the bluebells were intense. Lovely.
People normally drive from miles around to my local woods, Whipendell, to see the bluebells. Sadly, the car parks have been closed, and the police turning people away.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
We had fabulous bluebells this year. The best were round the back of The Grove. They have a woodland walk, and the bluebells were intense. Lovely.
People normally drive from miles around to my local woods, Whipendell, to see the bluebells. Sadly, the car parks have been closed, and the police turning people away.
Dockey woods Ashridge was our go to spot during the bluebell season... With lockdown, had to make do with Bayhurst this year... Pretty decent displays in parts...