Things That Gladden The Heart

Not that so many here will feel as I do about today. But I'll post a very personal thought of gratitude for Easter Sunday.

Today is Maundy Thursday - the day before Good Friday - and the day of the Last Supper before the Crucifixion when all seemed gloomy looking ahead...but in that time of fear and confusion Christ urged his disciples to 'Love one another as I have loved you'. And boy do we need to love one another as best we can in this dark time.

However the thing a Christian is grateful for is that I know that after the 'fear and confusion' of today and the coming 'darkness' of tomorrow, there was 'resurrection' 3 days later on Easter Sunday. And in that resurrection I draw strength, hope and confidence for the recovery of the country once we are through this terribly dark time of Covid.

So even for those with no religious belief or faith, Easter can provide a moment for us all to pause, reflect, share our love for each other, and keep the flame of hope burning strongly.

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Not that so many here will feel as I do about today. But I'll post a very personal thought of gratitude.

Today is Maundy Thursday - the day before Good Friday - and the day of the Last Supper before the Crucifixion when all seemed gloomy looking ahead...but in that time of fear and confusion Christ urged his disciples to 'Love one another as I have loved you'. And boy do we need to love one another as best we can in this dark time.

However the thing a Christian is grateful for is that I know that after the 'fear and confusion' of today and the coming 'darkness' of tomorrow, there was 'resurrection' 3 days later. And in that resurrection I draw strength, hope and confidence for the recovery of the country once we are through this terribly dark time of Covid.

So even for those with no religious belief or faith, Easter can provide a moment for us all to pause, reflect, share our love for each other, and keep the flame of hope burning strongly.
Easter for me personally is about eating chocolate and drinking beer. But they certainly gladden the heart as well.

DRW

Tour Rookie
Walking around the garden, looking at the cherry and fruit trees in blossom and camellias/cowslips/rhoddies flowering and everything coming to life.

Spring is a wonderful time in the garden, what a special time of year.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Forgotten how therapeutic using a pressure washer can be! Half the terrace done ✔ saving the other half for tomorrow... Not quite the same as going for a good early morning walk mind... Or, indeed, a dawn round of golf...

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Not that so many here will feel as I do about today. But I'll post a very personal thought of gratitude for Easter Sunday.

However the thing a Christian is grateful for is that I know that after the 'fear and confusion' of today and the coming 'darkness' of tomorrow, there was 'resurrection' 3 days later on Easter Sunday. And in that resurrection I draw strength, hope and confidence for the recovery of the country once we are through this terribly dark time of Covid.

Whilst not a religious person I found the above a very moving comment and so sorry that many will not be able to attend Church over Easter.

Very well said Sir