Things That Gladden The Heart

patricks148

Ryder Cup Winner
while out on my walk with Rup yesterday i cut back across the old part of Torvean, the part they are planning on using as te practice ground.

a strange noise coming from one of the big oaks in the middle of it... a woodpecker, couldn't see it but it was pecking away, then spotted it, the black and white type, never seen one of those before TBH seen one of the green ones, tried to film it on my phone but too well camouflaged. looked it up when i got back A Great Spotted Woodpecker, as i was leaving heard another one in one of the other trees's. walked across here a lot and never heard them before or seen them.

while out on my walk with Rup yesterday i cut back across the old part of Torvean, the part they are planning on using as te practice ground.

a strange noise coming from one of the big oaks in the middle of it... a woodpecker, couldn't see it but it was pecking away, then spotted it, the black and white type, never seen one of those before TBH seen one of the green ones, tried to film it on my phone but too well camouflaged. looked it up when i got back A Great Spotted Woodpecker, as i was leaving heard another one in one of the other trees's. walked across here a lot and never heard them before or seen them.
We have two in a tree just outside our house - happy hardworking noisy beggars!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Day 3 and my first little low moment...so sat out in the garden with the dogs and it was gorgeous. Daisy sat next to me and we had a sunny snuggle :love::love::love:

I then brought my weights bench and weights into the garden and worked out under the bluest sky.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner

We had one Woody and her chick feeding on our feeders last year........swoop from our resident sparrow hawk and chick no more.(n)

Yesterday went on our daily walk up the hill to see the new lambs.
One had a broken leg type injury and the local crows were trying for her eyes.(n)
Nature in the raw on my doorstep.

On reflection 'things that gladen the heart' was probably an inappropriate place for the above posts:cry:

Last edited: