The stock markets

jamiet7682

There is inflation risk to take into consideration (probably losing anything between 2% and 0.5% in real terms per annum currently), but don't need to worry about default risk as you are covered up to £85,000 by the FSCS.

Thread starter #62

Mudball

Assistant Pro
All regs cutting interest rates.. so all bourses will be in the green for the next couple of hours/days as they soak up all the new liquidity before they crash again.

Edit: UK interest down to 0.25 , I would have thought they would go to 0.5

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
normal levels? what are normal levels? its still triple the price it was 15 mths ago.

Tesla a really interesting one, think its been massively overhyped personally and whilst it has first mover advantage that wont last as long as the share price will need it to do in an area that will become hyper competitive and margins squeezed very very quickly when volumes increase

Or they rule the world in 10 years time and ive egg on my face :)
its either even more over hyped at well over $300bn mkt cap or that eggs getting a lot closer! at least im not short like some i know

Thread starter #65

Mudball

Assistant Pro
If a pound is worth a pound, how will it depreciate 🤔

Welcome to the forum 😉
Pound will still be worth a pound... but what it will buy will be less...

but as Tashy says.. welcome to the forum..

MrPing

Been into index funds for a long time. Stocks are the best investment period also like my gold bullion and thats up 50% over past 18months still holding out for 2k a oz

Thread starter #69

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Been into index funds for a long time. Stocks are the best investment period also like my gold bullion and thats up 50% over past 18months still holding out for 2k a oz
I m long on gold and silver too but both in the red... wrong entry

MrPing

I m long on gold and silver too but both in the red... wrong entry
I don’t touch silver, just don’t see it as a good investment Personally. How can you be in the red on gold its at a all time high?
95% of my gold was bought under 1000 a oz except a few of the queens beasts had to finish the collection so bought the last of them the other week. I am only planning to hold got until the next crash that now looks not too long away. Gold usually doubles on a crash so ill cash out then and stick the lot into the stock market.

Thread starter #71

Mudball

Assistant Pro
I don’t touch silver, just don’t see it as a good investment Personally. How can you be in the red on gold its at a all time high?
95% of my gold was bought under 1000 a oz except a few of the queens beasts had to finish the collection so bought the last of them the other week. I am only planning to hold got until the next crash that now looks not too long away. Gold usually doubles on a crash so ill cash out then and stick the lot into the stock market.
I was doing ok on both and the had a couple of wrong entries before the Sept crash. I had Gold long on 1980 but it stopped loss on me.. current position on 1934.

Silver pays better than Gold as it moves faster and has a correlation to Gold.

Both used to be a good hedge but Sept proved that they have a mind of their own.
A0828579-95BB-4186-B9FF-C2A63E3FD00D.jpeg

drive4show

Ryder Cup Winner
Mate if mine runs a distillery. Has offered me my own barrel at a discount. Currently looking in to it as fun investment different from the usual... anyone been into these?
A few years ago I was speaking to the landlord of a pub on the Royal Mile, he told me about his whisky investments. Said there is some serious money to be made if you know your stuff. Apparently it is all about buying the right limited edition stuff.

Blue in Munich

Professional Yeti Impersonator
A few years ago I was speaking to the landlord of a pub on the Royal Mile, he told me about his whisky investments. Said there is some serious money to be made if you know your stuff. Apparently it is all about buying the right limited edition stuff.
Looking at the cost of some of it I can well believe it. :eek: