The POSITIVE thing about lockdown is...

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Perhaps I should pick that up again. Played for about 15 years until I moved to the UK almost 6 years ago. Haven’t played since.
YouTube is definitely the guitarist's friend these days. Massive amount of tuition out there, most of it pretty good. Whatever music you are into just search for a song and somebody has it covered. I spend hours playing along to backing tracks.

Thread starter #23

Lilyhawk

Swedish Cam Impersonator
YouTube is definitely the guitarist's friend these days. Massive amount of tuition out there, most of it pretty good. Whatever music you are into just search for a song and somebody has it covered. I spend hours playing along to backing tracks.
Actually sitting in my childhood room back in Sweden right now with the guitar trying to remember the songs. Fingers are hurting like hell! The guitar won’t be coming along on the flight back to UK!

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Absolutely nothing. We'll only get busier at work and I can't get round in the allocated time scale as it is. So, wooooop de dooooooo and no golf to talk away the frustration.

Billysboots

Challenge Tour Pro
I get to book a long overdue appointment to take seven months’ DIY rubbish to the tip. Which will doubtless be shut again 🙄

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
I too hope to pick up learning the guitar again. Hard won callouses have gone! Not even sure why I stopped playing daily but think I'd reached a crossroads where I'd learnt some basics and the next step seemed more difficult and hence less motivation. Silly really.

Otherwise I really don't mind lockdown. Not fussed about golf in crap weather and have been working from home since previous lockdown. I will miss the gym but have a decent set up at home. Kind of like the social element of the gym - even though I don't speak to many people there!

My work hours are set to drop in a couple of weeks as we are finally close to catching up on orders - just a week behind now. Then I might feel the restrictions a bit more.

Reemul

Head Pro
I get to book a long overdue appointment to take seven months’ DIY rubbish to the tip. Which will doubtless be shut again 🙄
I am moving house, lived in the current one for 20 years and up until a few years ago could not drive. Last 3 weekends = 25 trips to the tip, guy on the gate knows me better than the wife. Lucky there is no time slots to be booked just turn up and queue. Don't be a hoarder :)

Billysboots

Challenge Tour Pro
I am moving house, lived in the current one for 20 years and up until a few years ago could not drive. Last 3 weekends = 25 trips to the tip, guy on the gate knows me better than the wife. Lucky there is no time slots to be booked just turn up and queue. Don't be a hoarder :)
I’m no hoarder. It’s the wife. It’ll feature strongly on the divorce papers 😇

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
800 miles less on the odometer than it would have been.

4 -6 less Prov1s used

I might get round to digitising all the cassettes.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Positives:

The roads should be quieter so my work hopefully won’t be so stressful, but I personally don’t think they’ll be as quiet as they were throughout April and the last lockdown earlier in the year.

Negatives:

No news from TFL yet if they’ll cancel the congestion charge again.

Too many phone calls from joe bloggs who don’t know the difference between a courier & a carrier, then they get arsey when I quote them X amount to collect something they’ve bought online without even thinking how they’ll get it, especially when it’s at least 100 miles away!
Fish I can almost guarantee you that we won't drop congestion charge

We just agreed our second bailout with sharpps and conditions were congestion charge would stay as they are now

That's enough political talk

If you want any more info my inbox is open

banjofred

There should be lots of people saving money on NOT losing their balls in the leaves.

And like the guitar folks....time to get the banjo going again. I guess 5 minutes a day doesn't get you very far although it has maintained what I've learned. Just need some new music anyway.....online search time. Maybe I'll get off my butt and sell my octave mandolin....don't think I will go back to that again, my hands are just too small.