The forums best holes

Thread starter #1

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
This will either work or fall flat but in our wisdom I’m sure we can come up with an 18 hole course.
We have to choose our best course from hole 1 to hole 18.
Someone makes a suggestion and when it gets 3 likes it’s in.
If you think of a better one suggest it and get 3 likes,the first hole to get the 3 likes is our hole.
Let’s try and do it in order.
Only the Uk.
Who would like to start Hole 1

Zig

Old Course, St Andrews. I've never felt more nervous over a golf ball. Nor had so many people watching (granted, it was only a couple of busloads of tourists and the few dozen golfers waiting to tee off after us).

Sorry, didn't see we were starting at the 1st, would agree with the 1st on the Old Course, just because of the way your knee's knock when your standing on that tee,

Traminator

Great shout 1st at the Old Course.
Possibly the most nervous and excited most amateurs would be on a 1st hole, and comparative to how crazy easy the actual shot is, that ratio must be right up there.
And once down the fairway, there's then the proper challenge of getting over the burn onto the green.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
I am going to stay in Wales!! 1st at Porthcawl... great hole. Right by the secs office, fab sea views, everything feeds towards the sea and the bunkers. At high tide, the sea is just over the fence. Then up the hill to a wickedly sloping green and run offs everywhere. (and the 2nd from the comp tees wow!)

IanM

Journeyman Pro
I'll stick to the 2nd at Porthcawl having intimated it above already.

Runs along the shoreline, OB and the ocean (Americanism!) left, dog leg left (depending one tee) over all sort of cabbage, humps, hollows, bunkers - tidly raised loping green against the OB fence. :)

davidy233

Tour Rookie
Royal Dornoch par 3 2nd 'Ord' - Tom Watson supposedly described the second shot if you miss the green as the hardest shot in golf - My favourite birdie of my life was had here