Tee time booking and restrictions on how many times a week you can book

Billysboots

Challenge Tour Pro
Can this BRS be set to restrict the amount individuals can book?
The problem is you can bypass that as people are at ours. As I have said, if you’re restricted to two tee times a week, a regular 2-ball, booking two times each in their own name without adding in details of the second player, immediately allows that 2-ball four games a week.

Club officials and pro shop staff need to be alive to who is doing what because people are finding ways to bypass restrictions.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
The problem is you can bypass that as people are at ours. As I have said, if you’re restricted to two tee times a week, a regular 2-ball, booking two times each in their own name without adding in details of the second player, immediately allows that 2-ball four games a week.

Club officials and pro shop staff need to be alive to who is doing what because people are finding ways to bypass restrictions.
This is what our Club has introduced Wills, hope itworks

2) Change - from Monday 25th May the number of live bookings available to members, in any 7 day period, will increase from 1 to 2. BRS bookings will continue to be monitored to ensure this courtesy, of 2 live bookings, is adhered to.

3) Change – from Friday 29th May any player making a single booking via BRS will, by default, make their booked tee time available to a second player/member who will join, via BRS, without permission of the original single player booker. This is to increase the overall utilisation and participation on the tee/course (ie 2 balls are more effective at meeting member demand than 1 balls).

4) Change – However, also from Friday 29th May, persons requiring to play as a single player, without a partner, are requested NOT to utilise BRS for this booking but to arrange this via the Club Office. The Office will allocate your time on BRS and close this to other members (ie booking a single in this manner means you will play as a single).

Traminator

I know IG can, Cant see why any system can’t be.

It might be a software upgrade that clubs have to pay extra for, as in add-ons’, so some might just ride rough shot through it and ignore the grumbles.
Yeah we're on IG too.
They've set it up well, 5 day members can have 2 weekday bookings in the next rolling week, 7 day members can have 2 weekday and 1 weekend booking. It's irrelevant who books it, it just restricts how many times your name is on the sheet. Additionally, unused times on the same day can also be booked.

I keep reading of clubs "asking", "requesting", "recommending" and I'm just wondering if their software won't allow them to restrict it or they're just not running it very well.

banjofred

On our BRS you can reserve the 2 ball slot under just your name and guest or other member. It would allow for misuse. Because things are so tight in the mornings.... to get openings they adjusted things a bit. It WAS a max of 3 times a week. Now it's 3 times a week unless you want to play after 2pm....then you can play every day if you want.....but only 3 times before 2pm. They are hoping it will open up more morning slots. I'm just hoping they go 3-4 ball pretty soon....you really have to sit around the computer right at 6pm to get the slots/day that opens a week in the future.

Traminator

On our BRS you can reserve the 2 ball slot under just your name and guest or other member. It would allow for misuse. Because things are so tight in the mornings.... to get openings they adjusted things a bit. It WAS a max of 3 times a week. Now it's 3 times a week unless you want to play after 2pm....then you can play every day if you want.....but only 3 times before 2pm. They are hoping it will open up more morning slots. I'm just hoping they go 3-4 ball pretty soon....you really have to sit around the computer right at 6pm to get the slots/day that opens a week in the future.
Thanks for the info.
Not having to specify each name opens it up for abuse for sure.

We have no restrictions on bookings with members 12 days in advance and the public around six. The problem has been a handful of weekend players who are used to just rocking up for the regular roll-ups without any kind of booking - they cannot be bothered to book a tee time and then start complaining the day before when they find they can't get a game. It just a combination of two-balls only, more people wanting to play golf and the great weather.

Our IG system lets you book a two ball under your name and AN Other. But you are expected to add the second name within a day or so. I suspect people who keep leaving un named partners are being chased by Club
It's not totally happening but the system is definitely set up to stop your name appearing more than your quota.
Last week the slots a week ahead were filled within a day, now there are quite a few still available which makes me think that excess bookings are under control.

If we have to stay in 2 balls, I'd like to see us move to 8 minute gaps.
I was marshalling on a buggy over the weekend and the play was really spaced apart.

rulefan

Tour Winner
One advantage of 10 min intervals is that it is easy for everyone to remember exactly what their start time is and not clog up the teeing ground with players standing around in a Q.

Traminator

One advantage of 10 min intervals is that it is easy for everyone to remember exactly what their start time is and not clog up the teeing ground with players standing around in a Q.
Everyone only has to remember one start time, and every 5th one ends in a zero anyway. I'm sure the 80% can cope 😉

Springveldt

We are allowed to book one midweek tee time and one weekend tee time in advance. Then, if there are free slots on the day, we can book them.

However, people are blatantly ignoring this and booking slots in advance for every day.

The club have said they will remove such bookings, but it's a mammoth task to manually cross check every booking, so I suspect a lot will get away with it.

Can BRS not be programmed to enforce this type of restriction?
Noticed the same thing, there was a lad that had booked a tee every single day. Checked this morning and they have been removed.
There is a booking on Wednesday and Friday that have done the Mickey Mouse/Donald Duck “trick” that we were asked not to do that hasn’t been removed though.
If BRS can’t be set up to limit bookings then that’s just poor. Someone has been going through deleting the bookings though, there are a lot more free time’s on Wed and Friday than there were when I looked yesterday.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Shouldn’t they just. Unfortunately our captain and vice captain are setting the tone. They always play their social golf together, and are pre-booking an adjacent time each, with the second name within each time simply showing “reserved”. It then allows them to get a small group together with their mates slow time, rather than their mates having to join to the 7am stampede with the rest of us.

The easiest way to resolve it would be if BRS insisted on two names in each booking to confirm that booking. I’m not sure it can be tweaked to that extent.
have they been nicknamed Boris and Dom yet ;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Had a look on BRS last night. One particularly obnoxious loudmouth has tee times booked for Monday, Wednesday and Thursday when he is only allowed to book one. Should I mention this to someone?
Definitely.

Also I'd be putting it in writing at the club where the captain and vice are rigging the tee times before release and looking after their mates. That is not an example to be setting members

jamiet7682

Just had email from the club calling out the folk booking multiple tee times, if they dont delete by midnight tonight all bookings will be cancelled. Good on them for being proactive.
Still a good few tee times free so will on be restricted this weekend i reckon.

IanMcC

We moved the casual golf booking time down from 14 days to 2 days to retain a modicum of control. We are requesting members play no more than 3 times per week. I cant find a facility on BRS to limit an individual's weekly bookings, but you can run a report at the end of the week flagging up offenders. After our first week there were only a handful, and most of these thought the week was sunday to saturday. (We started golfing in wales on Monday 18th May.) Hopefully better this week. We also moved the casual golf booking time opening from midnight to 8PM. So if you wanted to play on Wednesday you are ready at your PC or app at 8PM Monday.