Tee time booking and restrictions on how many times a week you can book

Fish

Major Champion
Noticed this week people adding onto my 2 ball. Not a Problem for me but playing partner is 67 and has been cautious throughout. It’s not the 4 ball more not knowing who they are. We have had emails of people disobeying the Rules at Our club and not social distancing. Just wondered whether members should get a choice.
At Woodhall they have allocated a number of specific 2 ball tee times midweek for this exact reason, which I think is excellent by the club.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
We opened up booking for this friday as the first day 4 balls will be allowed, and most people booking 18 holes rather than 9 as before
Now pretty solidly booked with mostly 4 (a few 3) balls until 6pm.
2 balls only 7.30 until 9am
No guests or visitors as yet

So still really busy but I guess there's still a lot of catching up on golf to do!
Also someone pointed out as a Club with a lot of members being 60+, there are normally a couple of dozen of people who are usually away in Spain or Portugal at this time of year who are now still at home and wanting to play golf.
Sounds similar to ours. We are offering 18 holes from 7.00am-16.24 nine holes from 16.36-19.00 (and we have to still be offsite by 20.45) and nine holes on the back from 7.30am-8.42 so members are given plenty of choice and availability to play. Not too many 18 hole times left on some days as the roll up groups are starting to book in clumps around their regular time. Lots of people taking advantage of the 9 after work too so very busy at the moment. I think it's a positive thing and for me and glad members are getting a chance to catch up on some golf

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
With 2-balls our slots were booked solid, usually within a few minutes of the times going live. With the introduction of 4-balls the morning slots are fairly full, but there is plenty of availability in the afternoons.

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Played early this morning, round in 2 hrs 20. Definitely a lot less manic than two weeks ago. I almost enjoyed it. Gaps starting to appear in the booking system.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
With the allowance of 4 balls all booking restrictions now removed. We are not allowed to use anonymous because of track and trace and anybody who does so has it removed well before the day by the manager. We have kept 10 minute intervals and you could see some pretty large gaps yesterday as quite a few 2 balls went out.

Some on the committee have been trying to remove the use anonymous for some years so it looks like that aspect is here to stay.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Just gone to 3 balls still 9 holes .
You can carry on if tee is empty.
We have been told in email first comp is an open on 3rd July.
No rules or explanation of how cards will be sorted yet.
But it’s a start.

Diamond

I am aware of some 9 hole courses, nearby, that have been taking visitor bookings but has anybody's 18 hole course opened tee times to visitors?
The reason I ask is that I was hoping to play a few decent courses in North West England/North Wales during the last 3 week of June. :)

saving_par

Challenge Tour Pro
I am aware of some 9 hole courses, nearby, that have been taking visitor bookings but has anybody's 18 hole course opened tee times to visitors?
The reason I ask is that I was hoping to play a few decent courses in North West England/North Wales during the last 3 week of June. :)
Silloth is now fully open to visitors and members guests.

Very North West England :ROFLMAO:

IanM

Journeyman Pro
We are now all 2 balls all day! (Wales) Members only, book online 48 hours in advance, max 2 rounds per member in a 5 day period. Times book up reasonably quickly, but I have yet to have an issue....

Plenty of the golfers in the village who are not members anywhere are driving to Bristol or the Forest of Dean to play as visitors.

Diamond

Silloth is now fully open to visitors and members guests.

Very North West England :ROFLMAO:
I have Silloth of Solway as a club to visit, I have the cost for a visitor during the week to be £60 per person. Do you know if they do County Membership discount?

saving_par

Challenge Tour Pro
I have Silloth of Solway as a club to visit, I have the cost for a visitor during the week to be £60 per person. Do you know if they do County Membership discount?
Usually they take County cards but only on certain days although I'm not sure which days.

Simon the pro is very helpful and the shop is open I believe, contact number on website.

Potentially I could sign you on, date dependant although thats not an issue currently as I'm not required at work and I suspect it could be a while before I'm needed :ROFLMAO: Members guest rate is £25. Drop me a pm if you plan to come up.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
As said phone the club and check.

We stopped taking bookings from any visitors on our 18 and discontinued all the club reciprocals as well.

Diamond

Usually they take County cards but only on certain days although I'm not sure which days.

Simon the pro is very helpful and the shop is open I believe, contact number on website.

Potentially I could sign you on, date dependant although thats not an issue currently as I'm not required at work and I suspect it could be a while before I'm needed :ROFLMAO: Members guest rate is £25. Drop me a pm if you plan to come up.
That's really generous of you. I just need to twist my mates arm to drive 2 hours up the M6 :)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
If my place is allowing visitors when your here you are welcome to play with me.
It’s not at the moment, But that might change.
It’s Grange Park GC in St Helens.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Slightly south of where you're going but Visitors and members guests after 3pm allowed from today

Imurg

Grand Slam Winner
We go to 3 balls from tomorrow all from the 1st tee ( we normally have a 2 tee start)
There are 4 slots to play 9 holes from the 10th starting at 7.45 - they're for anyone that just wants to get out and play without the pressure of the start sheet.
I was going to the range tomorrow morning but, seeing as none of the slots are booked, I find the lure of 9 holes with nobody else around quite appealing....
I can hit a couple of balls and, effectively, play 18........and the Mrs won't be up until after 10......:unsure::giggle:

Diamond

We have our first competition next Saturday which for me is my first competition ever! It’s a stableford.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
We go to 3 balls from tomorrow all from the 1st tee ( we normally have a 2 tee start)
There are 4 slots to play 9 holes from the 10th starting at 7.45 - they're for anyone that just wants to get out and play without the pressure of the start sheet.
I was going to the range tomorrow morning but, seeing as none of the slots are booked, I find the lure of 9 holes with nobody else around quite appealing....
I can hit a couple of balls and, effectively, play 18........and the Mrs won't be up until after 10......:unsure::giggle:
Go for it. As I've been told on here so many times you learn to play on the course and besides you need to find something that works before Frag beats you again