Stock piling , panic buying.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Sainsbury's yesterday. Apart from the parking idiot, everyone was fairly well behaved. As to stock, no toilet rolls, Dettol, scourer sponges, tomato ketchup, tinned tomatoes, limited choice in porridge.

Got some bits from the local greengrocer on the way there. Have to say that going forward we will look to use him, and some other local shops, more regularly.
Using local shop in the village. They are busy and hoping people will stay with them as they have first class deli and local products plus starting up on line ordering along with the local diary and veg delivery firm.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Using a local Farm shop fairly often, plenty of what we need and although a little more expensive great quality. Hardly ever anyone in it when we go.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Went to Morrisons just earlier, no queues and fairly quiet inside, shelves pretty much full.
It's funny how some people react when you're both inadvertently going for the same space, some people smile, others act like you're radioactive 🤣

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
My mum was very impressed with her first ever online Tesco delivery. I'd explained about substitutions and she phoned me up after she'd received her delivery to tell me that she'd got everything that she'd ordered apart from a bottle of brandy. Apparently they didn't have any regular sized bottles so they'd substituted a litre bottle and hadn't charged her any extra.

My mum was very impressed with her first ever online Tesco delivery. I'd explained about substitutions and she phoned me up after she'd received her delivery to tell me that she'd got everything that she'd ordered apart from a bottle of brandy. Apparently they didn't have any regular sized bottles so they'd substituted a litre bottle and hadn't charged her any extra.
Snap with my MiL - she thought it was marvellous...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
HID went to Waitrose for the F-i-L shopping and very bare shelves. She's off to Sainsbury's as she has to get his prescription anyway (yes I know, why didn't she shop at Sainsbury's as well!!) so hoping thats a bit better

chellie

Tour Winner
Can't quite believe it as I've been trying for so long but managed to get a Morrisons online delivery for myself on Sunday. Added youngest daughters address in and got her one for Saturday. She's also got a click and collect Asda one booked for the 1st May so is sorted for the next two weeks. I've to go and collect it for them but it's taken stress away.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
On my third week of Tesco click and collect slots now. Heard somewhere once you get one slot you can then get them often

Only can have one at a time booked fair enough

Today's was best one. Had to go another Tesco's .. already was driving 7 miles away this one 5 miles other direction no issue

They loaded the boot for me... Told me stay in car happy days

Pre booked my collection for next week. 7-9am same Tesco which I can go after my night shift

Defo getting easier out there

pendodave

Tour Rookie
I bought flour yesterday for the first time in two months.
Had to go oop north for it. Maybe bake off hasn't penetrated that far.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Being on a low-carb diet I've not been effected by the shortage of flour... Had I not been I suspect I'd of been baking as regularly as possible... Did do some brownies for my younger grandsons a week back and my oldest grandson has put in a cake request for when lockdown ends and we can get back together...

And, herself reported no eggs to be had yesterday... Suspect they could've been got if she'd hiked around but that's a no no... Isn't it?

Since lockdown I joined Costco, bought a chest freezer for the garage and loaded it with steaks, stewing meat and chicken. Loads of cured meats for wraps for work as long life. Corn dogs and pizza pockets, 80 bottles of water, 80 kinder buenos, 36 cans of Guinness.
Won’t need to do a big shop for months. May have to pop in at night for milk and bread for the mrs because I’m not joining in the nations love of queuing!

DanFST

Head Pro
Since lockdown I joined Costco, bought a chest freezer for the garage and loaded it with steaks, stewing meat and chicken. Loads of cured meats for wraps for work as long life. Corn dogs and pizza pockets, 80 bottles of water, 80 kinder buenos, 36 cans of Guinness.
Won’t need to do a big shop for months. May have to pop in at night for milk and bread for the mrs because I’m not joining in the nations love of queuing!
Hold on.... Costco do pizza pockets??

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Some of the worst queuing, in these parts, has been reportedly at Costco... We've been avoiding going because so... Running short of Lavazza so might have to reconsider soon...

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Also, one thing I've learnt during this time is that there is a working windmill in London... Brixton to be precise... After lockdown will be tracking down some of their product for sure...