Stock piling , panic buying.

drive4show

Ryder Cup Winner
I can't speak for others but I have TWO vulnerable people in this household. I would be happy to go out and get the shopping but I'm in a position where if we get the virus in this house I could lose my partner and her father.
And for that reason I wouldn't use generalisations about people on this forum I know nothing about.
Well I genuinely hope you are able to get delivery slots. Stay safe fella 👍

Been trying to get a slot for the F-i-L from any supermarket but despite being high risk unable to do so. Several emails sent to customer service desks tonight
Have you registered your F-i-L as a vulnerable person?

With Tesco On-line once you've done that priority slots become available. We did it for my M-i-L over the phone with Tesco. The agent registered my M-i-L and her home address - no proof of identify or age required. We were then able to create an account for her. A couple of days later the priority slots screen was available for us to access. On Saturday M-i-L gave us a list of what she needed over the phone and we created the order. There were quite a few free slots this week. She's getting it delivered tomorrow pm.

I suppose we might be able to change the delivery address to our own and abuse the priority delivery slot system - but I'm guessing not and we are not going to try in any case.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Have you registered your F-i-L as a vulnerable person?

With Tesco On-line once you've done that priority slots become available. We did it for my M-i-L over the phone with Tesco. The agent registered my M-i-L and her home address - no proof of identify or age required. We were then able to create an account for her. A couple of days later the priority slots screen was available for us to access. On Saturday M-i-L gave us a list of what she needed over the phone and we created the order. There were quite a few free slots this week. She's getting it delivered tomorrow pm.

I suppose we might be able to change the delivery address to our own and abuse the priority delivery slot system - but I'm guessing not and we are not going to try in any case.
Tried it from F-i-L PC and ours and yes made it abundantly clear in emails and when registering that both in-laws are housebound. 5th May is the earliest we've been offered

Imurg

Grand Slam Winner
Get real. How many people on this forum? And how many millions of home delivery slots available across all the suppliers in this country? It was an off hand comment about fit and able people depriving the less fortunate :rolleyes:
Tesco have been asking people to go to their shops rather than go online as they're struggling to keep pace with all the requests
As a result some people who need these slots ain't getting them.

DRW

Tour Rookie
Get real. How many people on this forum? And how many millions of home delivery slots available across all the suppliers in this country? It was an off hand comment about fit and able people depriving the less fortunate :rolleyes:
Me get real, that's bought a laugh to my face, cheers (y):D:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

pauldj42

Money List Winner
You're a bit touchy this morning. There have been plenty of comments on this thread by people that I have met or can deduce from comments on here that are perfectly capable of going to their local shop but they are using online deliveries and depriving genuine high risk people of slots.

Wind yer neck in fella.
I’m one of them on here who you’ve met and I’m perfectly fit and able to go to a shop, except I’m living with 3 high risk (wife, son & m-in-law) and I can’t risk being exposed to the virus and them catching it. Therefore doing everything possible to self-isolate.

It’s not always clear cut mate.

My priority is my loved ones.(y)

drive4show

Ryder Cup Winner
I’m one of them on here who you’ve met and I’m perfectly fit and able to go to a shop, except I’m living with 3 high risk (wife, son & m-in-law) and I can’t risk being exposed to the virus and them catching it. Therefore doing everything possible to self-isolate.

It’s not always clear cut mate.

My priority is my loved ones.(y)
I get that Paul and my response to you is the same as I said to Robster, I hope you are staying safe and able to get the reqd support ie. home deliveries. However we both know there are plenty of examples of 'I'm alright Jack' on here and those are the people my comment was aimed at (y)

pauldj42

Money List Winner
I get that Paul and my response to you is the same as I said to Robster, I hope you are staying safe and able to get the reqd support ie. home deliveries. However we both know there are plenty of examples of 'I'm alright Jack' on here and those are the people my comment was aimed at (y)
I do know it wasn’t aimed at the genuine, unfortunately as you say we always get a minority who tar everyone with the same brush.(y)

chellie

Tour Winner
Well I hope that's not aimed at me.

chellie

Tour Winner
I'm not aiming it at anyone but those who are being selfish or abusing the system know who they are.
Well as it stands now my Daughter can't get an online shop at three shops she's tried. I can't get one either for her to add to. She will be doing her list and I will have to hope that when I go to the supermarket it's quiet. Asthma, heart issues and Type 1 diabetic.

GB72

Money List Winner
I am lucky in that we have some great services for a rural community that deliver. The pub food suppliers are doing meat and veg boxes, there is a farm up the road with a milk vending machine, the local bakery delivers twice a week, plenty in the village with chickens handing out eggs, extra garden produce being offered for free, left at the end of people's drives to help yourself, the pub wine supplier is doing home deliveries and so there is very little that I have needed to go to the supermarket for. With the increase in quality and only a small increase in price, I am hoping not to have to go back to supermarket shopping once this is all over.

DRW

Tour Rookie
Well as it stands now my Daughter can't get an online shop at three shops she's tried. I can't get one either for her to add to. She will be doing her list and I will have to hope that when I go to the supermarket it's quiet. Asthma, heart issues and Type 1 diabetic.
You may already know but Morrison's food boxes are now available to be delivered on their box website, they have also increased the food boxes choices, think there was 4 or 5 options now.

Not ideal but possibly an option, we ordered one Friday night and it was delivered by 11am Saturday at Easter. We got the 'meat'(has more than just meat) box to see us though until the end of this week, and apart from it would have been nice to have a large bottle of milk, it was excellent.

Click and collect appear easier to get around here in the towns than delivery, not that I have ever had a delivery.

If I can help out, just let me know.

Tried it from F-i-L PC and ours and yes made it abundantly clear in emails and when registering that both in-laws are housebound. 5th May is the earliest we've been offered
Was that with the priority slots available for on-line booking...? maybe there are fewer vulnerable folk in North Derbyshire - but I very much doubt it...

JamesR

Tour Winner
We have 3 vulnerable and one elderly in our house atm.
One has leukaemia, Im classed as having life threatening asthma, my sister has a life threatening illness and my old man is just that, old.
We’ve all moved in together, and have managed to get Tesco deliveries so far. In fact, so far we’ve had two and a care package from the local council.

drive4show

Ryder Cup Winner
We have 3 vulnerable and one elderly in our house atm.
One has leukaemia, Im classed as having life threatening asthma, my sister has a life threatening illness and my old man is just that, old.
We’ve all moved in together, and have managed to get Tesco deliveries so far. In fact, so far we’ve had two and a care package from the local council.
You better not keel over before we play in the Goose together! :mad:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Every time I've looked the Morrisons boxes are out of stock.

Found a local egg man who I'll stick with when this is all over. Also going to try a local restaurant supplier who is now doing home deliveries. I'm told the quality is good but it does mean buying in bulk! We've got plenty of freezer space though.

chellie

Tour Winner
You may already know but Morrison's food boxes are now available to be delivered on their box website, they have also increased the food boxes choices, think there was 4 or 5 options now.

Not ideal but possibly an option, we ordered one Friday night and it was delivered by 11am Saturday at Easter. We got the 'meat'(has more than just meat) box to see us though until the end of this week, and apart from it would have been nice to have a large bottle of milk, it was excellent.

Click and collect appear easier to get around here in the towns than delivery, not that I have ever had a delivery.

If I can help out, just let me know.
Thanks Darren will get her to check. Me and HID did a bike ride into the town just before and nipped into Aldi. Shelves were quite well stocked and it was quiet. Am thinking that it might be a good time to go shopping. Small local shops are well stocked also.