Stock piling , panic buying.

BrianM

Head Pro
that would make sense as to why I cant find them at midnight lol cheers
Not sure down south Paul, but British Gas customers who can’t get to shops can get shopping delivered by a gas engineer.
Its just not right when folks that age can’t get there shopping.
Tesco release at 23:50hrs, you go into a queue, book your slot then do shopping.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Not sure down south Paul, but British Gas customers who can’t get to shops can get shopping delivered by a gas engineer.
Its just not right when folks that age can’t get there shopping.
Tesco release at 23:50hrs, you go into a queue, book your slot then do shopping.
thats amazing tbh. would explain why I have been seeing british gas about a bit

Robster59

Tour Rookie
I spoke to a cousin, yesterday, who works in a Sainsbury Local... She was telling me of the oppressive level of verbal abuse and threats of physical violence towards her and other members of staff... I asked what was security doing about it... They've been told to be non-confrontational so no help... Why not call the police? They've not shown interest in the past unless there has been actual violence and she believes there's a strong chance of same now... All very depressing...
I never understand why people have to be like that towards the staff. Especially now when they are coming into work to try and make sure the shelves are stocked as much as possible and increasing their risk of getting the disease. IMHO, the shop should be making it clear with large signs before anyone comes in to the shop saying any abuse or threats of violence will not be tolerated, those found guilty of doing so will be asked to leave and be banned from the store. The staff need to be protected.

IainP

Tour Rookie
Over the last couple of weeks I've managed to grab a couple of click n collect slots, one for sainsbury's and one for Tesco. They both worked well, but now seem like gold dust. Ended up going to sainsbury's at about 7pm on the BH Monday which wasn't too bad.
Thankfully my mother who is high risk is now receiving home deliveries as she's "on the list", so I'm not needing to buy extra.

We sorted Tesco home delivery for M-i-L and placed a first order for her on Saturday. As she is 90 she qualifies for priority slots and we got a delivery booked for this coming Thursday pm. M-i-L thought it was great (she normally is very dismissive of anything techie-based or that smacks of the 21st Century). Just wait until she gets her delivery. She'll probably have a bit of a moan about some things that weren't available or that were substituted for what she asked for :) But hey...nice one Tesco Chesterfield. (y)(y)

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Panic in our house this week as we can’t get a delivery spot for the first time since lockdown! No home delivery or click and collect! Going to have to actually go to a shop!!!o_O
Yeah we have this issue, all slots taken across all outlets. We usually try to get a slot during the period we can update our present order. As we couldn’t, we went and doubled everything.
I spoke to my mum and she is getting vulnerable slots and has been getting in shops from a couple of outlets .. which did get up my nose a bit.

Anyway we will keep searching for slots and get creative with what we have! Glad I don’t have to worry about baby milk/nappies etc!

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Over the last couple of weeks I've managed to grab a couple of click n collect slots, one for sainsbury's and one for Tesco. They both worked well, but now seem like gold dust. Ended up going to sainsbury's at about 7pm on the BH Monday which wasn't too bad.
Thankfully my mother who is high risk is now receiving home deliveries as she's "on the list", so I'm not needing to buy extra.
I got a slot for Sainsbury's on my way home from work..got a load of bulky items ordered ..was a week away

The day of when waiting for email to say how much of order I got

Order cancelled

Was pretty early on tho.

Iceland just been delivered most what we needed. Ordered some kitchen roll off Amazon and bin bags off eBay to stock us up

DRW

Tour Rookie
Thats because all the less vulnerable people on here have been grabbing them all.
Slight over reaction, sound bite. Very strange comment..

How do you know that less vulnerable people on here have been grabbing them all ?

And how do you know if someone is vulnerable or not from being on a forum or even knowing a person, lots of the at risk people, you can not tell if they are or not due to underlining health conditions.

drive4show

Ryder Cup Winner
Slight over reaction, sound bite. Very strange comment..

How do you know that less vulnerable people on here have been grabbing them all ?

And how do you know if someone is vulnerable or not from being on a forum or even knowing a person, lots of the at risk people, you can not tell if they are or not due to underlining health conditions.
You're a bit touchy this morning. There have been plenty of comments on this thread by people that I have met or can deduce from comments on here that are perfectly capable of going to their local shop but they are using online deliveries and depriving genuine high risk people of slots.

Wind yer neck in fella.

DRW

Tour Rookie
You're a bit touchy this morning. There have been plenty of comments on this thread by people that I have met or can deduce from comments on here that are perfectly capable of going to their local shop but they are using online deliveries and depriving genuine high risk people of slots.

Wind yer neck in fella.
Yawn, so basically your comment 'all the less vulnerable people on here have been grabbing them all.'

is rubbish. Wind your comments in EDIT or post sensible ones.

drive4show

Ryder Cup Winner
Yawn, so basically your comment 'all the less vulnerable people on here have been grabbing them all.'

is rubbish. Wind your comments in EDIT or post sensible ones.
Get real. How many people on this forum? And how many millions of home delivery slots available across all the suppliers in this country? It was an off hand comment about fit and able people depriving the less fortunate :rolleyes: