Snowflake Britain

drdel

Tour Rookie
That's me screwed, every sentance I finish with "me man". If I forget someone's name its " heyup me man". If they ban " man" the rest of me life will be a sponsored silence, me man.
You joke however I once had a consultancy for a London Borough. The focus was on the task/processes of a number of male staff. I was told to remove ALL reference to the male gender despite that the fact the report was entirely accurate as they were all men !!

Tashyboy

Money List Winner
Its an interesting concept though, a Julian Clery playing Bond. I think, maybe, we were at cross purposes. My point, poorly made, was that I couldn't careless what the sexual orientation of Bond is behind the scenes. Obviously from the perspective of in-character, a Connery/Craig style Bond is the norm, and a change probably wouldn't work.

With regards Doctor Who, a complete change of character is part of the story line, and very different changes are accepted.
I could imagine a thread where people have been wrongly chosen to play a part. Julian Clery playing James Bond is right up there with Tom Cruise playing Jack Reacher 😂

Liverpoolphil

Grand Slam Winner
Snowflake Britain is alive and well and living in the Football thread.:rolleyes::LOL:
I think I can see the reason for the use of Snowflake - people on the internet throw around a load of insults and derogatory comments , and then when people find them insulting ( which they are ) - the response is “snowflake”

Last edited:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
I think I can see the reason for the use of Snowflake - people on the internet throw around a load of insults and derogatory comments , and then when people fine them insulting ( which they are ) - the response is “snowflake”
Would you say calling people names is derogatory.
Your a hypocrite Phil.
I can just see you in your school classroom saying “it’s not me sir it’s him”.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
I just hate it when people are too quick to brand something racist or sexist, where there is none present. One example, a guy chucks a banana skin at the football and everyone brands it racist, whereas logic suggests considering he ate the banana first he probably just chucked what was in his hand. Another example is when the newspaper put a picture of Stormzy and said it was Lukaku - is that actually racist or just general idiocy from the editor? Branding everything racist doesn't help the fight against racism, it hinders it by diluting it. I dislike things like the 'rooney rule' or whatever they call it, where people say a black candidate must be interviewed for every role. Even if he's completely unqualified?? How would a black man feel knowing he's only being interviewed because he's black rather than the skills he has. That's just inverse racism.

therod

Money List Winner
^^^really, just happens to be eating a banana, the skin is in his hand & he throws it at a black player🤣🤣🤣🤣 that’s a pretty tenuous chain of events to explain away an act with obvious intent..Don’t think you understand the Rooney rule either 😱😱
Logic pmsl 🤣🤣🤣🤣

PieMan

Tour Winner
^^^really, just happens to be eating a banana, the skin is in his hand & he throws it at a black player🤣🤣🤣🤣 that’s a pretty tenuous chain of events to explain away an act with obvious intent..Don’t think you understand the Rooney rule either 😱😱
I always thought the 'Rooney Rule' was it being ok to shag a granny hooker when it was your first at 16. Is that not right? 😂😂

Pin-seeker

Money List Winner
Tbf Lukaku is a dead ringer for Stormzy.

As for throwing the banana skin,I find it hard to believe that the moron didn’t know what they were doing.

Liverpoolphil

Grand Slam Winner
I just hate it when people are too quick to brand something racist or sexist, where there is none present. One example, a guy chucks a banana skin at the football and everyone brands it racist, whereas logic suggests considering he ate the banana first he probably just chucked what was in his hand. Another example is when the newspaper put a picture of Stormzy and said it was Lukaku - is that actually racist or just general idiocy from the editor? Branding everything racist doesn't help the fight against racism, it hinders it by diluting it. I dislike things like the 'rooney rule' or whatever they call it, where people say a black candidate must be interviewed for every role. Even if he's completely unqualified?? How would a black man feel knowing he's only being interviewed because he's black rather than the skills he has. That's just inverse racism.
Seriously? It’s common knowledge that black footballers get bananas thrown at them because of their colour of their skin so when someone does throw one at the Arsenal player is nothing but a racist action

therod

Money List Winner
Tbf Lukaku is a dead ringer for Stormzy.

As for throwing the banana skin,I find it hard to believe that the moron didn’t know what they were doing.
Maybe he found it in his pocket from the last time he wore the coat, felt hungry so ate it??? The fella only likes green bananas, but this one was over ripe, he was disgusted and threw it away....it could happen 🤣

therod

Money List Winner
I always thought the 'Rooney Rule' was it being ok to shag a granny hooker when it was your first at 16. Is that not right? 😂😂
That’s the ‘Rooney rule’ that applies to the likes of me & you. Doesn’t count as playing away if she’s twice your age ??

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
You have taken away my future by voting Brexit

Que Snowflake Snowflake, what ever will be will be
The futures not ours to see.
Que Snowflake Snowflake ❄

Last edited:

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
I just hate it when people are too quick to brand something racist or sexist, where there is none present. One example, a guy chucks a banana skin at the football and everyone brands it racist, whereas logic suggests considering he ate the banana first he probably just chucked what was in his hand.
Really?
Either you're naiive or trying to kick this thread off.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Really?
Either you're naiive or trying to kick this thread off.
No, I thought the reaction to that incident was ridiculous. When people throw bananas in a racist attack, there is usually a vast quantity thrown and they don't peel them and eat them first. A lot of people saw a banana skin land and put 2 and 2 together and got 6. Going miles over the top in reaction to something like that doesn't help battle actual racism at all.

Liverpoolphil

Grand Slam Winner
No, I thought the reaction to that incident was ridiculous. When people throw bananas in a racist attack, there is usually a vast quantity thrown and they don't peel them and eat them first. A lot of people saw a banana skin land and put 2 and 2 together and got 6. Going miles over the top in reaction to something like that doesn't help battle actual racism at all.
Yet the club you support didn’t think it was ridiculous as they banned the fan

A black arsenal player scored against Spurs and when celebrating a banana skin was thrown at the black player - what else is it going to be and i wonder if the thinking would be different if it was a spurs player at the end of it