Should those in the public eye resign for breaking lockdown rules?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
On 5th April, after being told by members of the public that Cummings had been seen in Durham, The Guardian asked Number 10 if it was true. No 10 refused to comment.

On 10th April, The Guardian asked again, and again No 10 refused to comment.

On Friday, The Guardian got the confirmation it needed from Durham Police. At 7pm they asked No 10 again. No 10 refused to comment, but by 8pm when the story broke, they had given Kuenssberg an off the record briefing in an attempt at damage limitation.

So it seems very likely that Johnson knew as far back as early April where Cummings was. The only surprise is he didn't get on the phone and tell him either get his backside down to London pdq, or failing that keep well out of sight. Dancing around his parents garden to Abba was certainly not a very bright idea.

chellie

Tour Winner

Kellfire

Tour Winner
So he was in Durham when it just so happened to be his mum’s birthday and Barnard Castle when it was his wife’s. That’s coincidental isn’t it.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Lets be honest, if nothing is done about him or he doesn't act himself how can they complain if the whole population ignores whatever the Govt says on movement. I would suggest their credibility is in the balance right now.

Fish

Major Champion
He’s just been summoned and seen entering Downing Street, I think he’ll be going, we’ll never know if he’s paid off, I doubt it will be a sacking, it’ll be a ‘mutual agreement’ jobbie with a brown envelope, either way, I think it’s too damaging and Boris will convince him he can’t stay.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
The knives are coming out now, 8 Tory MPs have come out and said he’s got to go.

Press conference put back a hour, interesting to see if Boris will keep him.

larmen

Head Pro
What happened to ‘it’s for the best of a child’? Is that line still what everyone is defending him with?