Scottish Fitba' 19/20

O' Ye of little faith Drew :whistle:, I'm slightly optimistic there has been a small improvement in play, so I like to think it's glass half full .:p
I know. We've seen this story so many times. Funnily enough I'm not nervous in the slightest. Not sure if that's a good thing 😁.
Do agree the improvement is there to see. Although it was backs against the wall on Wednesday we did create some chances. Just hope we've not used up all of our luck in that one game.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
I know. We've seen this story so many times. Funnily enough I'm not nervous in the slightest. Not sure if that's a good thing 😁.
Do agree the improvement is there to see. Although it was backs against the wall on Wednesday we did create some chances. Just hope we've not used up all of our luck in that one game.
Shame on you Drew :p , think 1967 England v Scotland , Jim Baxter & co :love:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Even Andy Haliday managed a decent finish in that game...
Two cracking goals by Steven Kingsley as well.
I had to Wikki him and see that he has played 10 years at Falkirk, Swansea and Hull during that time he scored 2 goals.:unsure:
22 shots by the Jambos, 9 on target and six goals...rubs eyes in disbelief.:love:

Good as Adams goal was I thought his shot got a slight deflection. Probably would have still gone in though.

This made me laugh..

Last edited:

maxfli65

Journeyman Pro
Watching old firm game, bit bored tbh, hope 2nd half picks up.
If ever a game needs a crowd it's this one.

Kaz

Good win for the Rangers but another day that begs questions about the sense in trying to proceed with football in the current climate.

* St Mirren unable to fulfill their fixture due to the number of COVID infections in their squad. Won't be the last team that happens to I don't imagine.
* Celtic team significantly weakened by the same. That will probably be a common theme for teams as the season progresses.
* Brainless fans gathering outside the stadium before the match. Baring in mind this was an early season derby, can you imagine when it gets to the pinch at the end of the season? Remembering the scenes in Liverpool when they clinched the league - that's what awaits.

Last year's league was tainted by COVID and this season is inevitably going to have an asterisk against it as well.

4LEX

Good win for the Rangers but another day that begs questions about the sense in trying to proceed with football in the current climate.

* St Mirren unable to fulfill their fixture due to the number of COVID infections in their squad. Won't be the last team that happens to I don't imagine.
* Celtic team significantly weakened by the same. That will probably be a common theme for teams as the season progresses.
* Brainless fans gathering outside the stadium before the match. Baring in mind this was an early season derby, can you imagine when it gets to the pinch at the end of the season? Remembering the scenes in Liverpool when they clinched the league - that's what awaits.

Last year's league was tainted by COVID and this season is inevitably going to have an asterisk against it as well.
The landscape in May/June will look very different. I would argue you'd probably have stadiums half full by that point.

COVID is now being treated like an injury, every club will have weeks where 3-4 are out if not more. It's a small price to pay.

Rangers were excellent, had Celtic in their backpocket from the start. Looking at the fixtures, Celtic need some big results in the next few weeks or could find themselves way off the pace. Rangers look a team on a mission and very different to last season.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner

Some Hearts fans would like to see the leagues pulled now....using last years system Hearts would then be promoted to the Premiership and Dundee relegated to League 1..........;););););):eek::love:

Another good result for Rangers today and a superb golf from Defoe . Celtic carried a bit of luck in their draw with Aberdeen.

Questions are now being asked of Lennon with what seems the bulk of the Celtic fans asking for his head.

4LEX

To be fair to Lennon he's without his best striker and Aberdeen away isn't an easy place to go, even though Celtic's record there is incredible.

Rangers definitely look better coached, fitter and play some great stuff. Lennon needs some big wins over the next few weeks or it could be out of sight given the fixtures.