Ryanair at it again

Thread starter #1

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
First they tell customers it will take up to a year to get a refund for a cancelled flight, now they are threatening to blacklist anyone who asks their bank or credit card company to do a chargeback instead, telling customers they are commiting fraud.

They really must be the worst company out there. I don't want to see any firm fail, but I wouldn't shed any tears for O'Leary if they did.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/ryanair-threatens-blacklist-people-who-22063452

rulefan

Tour Winner
Ryanair said: "These claims are untrue. Chargebacks are not considered a fraudulent activity and Ryanair only 'blacklists' customers in confirmed fraud cases."

A spokeswoman told Mirror Money: “For any cancelled flight, Ryanair is giving customers all of the options set out under EU regulations, including free moves and refunds in the form of cash or vouchers.

"The process time for cash refunds is taking longer due to the fact we are having to process 10,000 times the usual volume of cancellations and have fewer staff available due to social distancing measures.

"Ryanair is offering vouchers and free moves as these are automated and would give customers an alternative.

"Customers who choose a voucher but don't redeem it within 12 months may still apply for and obtain a refund after this 12 month period.

rulefan

Tour Winner
First they tell customers it will take up to a year to get a refund for a cancelled flight, now they are threatening to blacklist anyone who asks their bank or credit card company to do a chargeback instead, telling customers they are commiting fraud.

They really must be the worst company out there. I don't want to see any firm fail, but I wouldn't shed any tears for O'Leary if they did.

Did you bother to wait to see what Ryanair's response would be.

Guilty until proved innocent.

PS I have no time for Ryanair.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Ryanair were selling seats on flights that were never going to fly... they breached the trades description act.
in a previous life I had it written in my contract that I was not to fly Ryanair, they are just horrific on all levels

Thread starter #8

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Did you bother to wait to see what Ryanair's response would be.

Guilty until proved innocent.

PS I have no time for Ryanair.
Suggest you read the MSE article where they state they have seen at least 10 examples where Ryanair staff have told customers charge back was fraudulent and they could be blacklisted.

Ryanair have subsequently said their advisors were wrong to state that.

I know who I believe.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/n...y-tell-customers--chargeback-is-fraud--and-c/

rulefan

Tour Winner
Martin Lewis, founder of MoneySavingExpert.com, said: "To give Ryanair the benefit of the doubt, we have to view this as human error in highly pressured circumstances, due to possibly systemically poor customer service training – as there is no evidence available to suggest it is a deliberate attempt to lie and spread disinformation to put customers off engaging in their legitimate consumer rights.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Either way it is not great PR for the firm and given the perilous state of the aviation industry a poor thing to happen whatever the circumstances. I am like most on here and I just find their business model and company ethos and working practices to be poor on all levels and so would rather seek more expensive alternatives than use them

rulefan

Tour Winner
Either way it is not great PR for the firm and given the perilous state of the aviation industry a poor thing to happen whatever the circumstances. I am like most on here and I just find their business model and company ethos and working practices to be poor on all levels and so would rather seek more expensive alternatives than use them
I agree. The usual places we fly to are serviced by Ryanair and Jet2. The choice is obvious.

Orikoru

Tour Winner

Well that's a shame because I already contacted my bank to do that a week ago! Fed up of waiting.

Slab

Money List Winner
BA can't meet proper refund timelines too though so those looking to boycott airlines might want to add them and probably a fair few others
(although you might not have a whole lot of choice when flying resumes if you apply a boycott evenly )

Blue in Munich

Money List Winner
BA can't meet proper refund timelines too though so those looking to boycott airlines might want to add them and probably a fair few others
(although you might not have a whole lot of choice when flying resumes if you apply a boycott evenly )
Google BA refunds and BA's refund page is the top of the list; you are taken directly to the correct BA page that currently includes a highlighted message giving you a link to their coronavirus advice and information page, a link to their contact details and thanking you for your understanding in these challenging times.

Google Ryanair refunds and you have to fight through a mass of poor customer service headlines to find it. When you do no message similar to BA's, just a bog standard refund page.

That you think the two are comparable is frankly laughable.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Jet2 had written a while ago saying that refunds will be processes in order of original flying date. We were due to fly tomorrow and received my itemised refund notifications 10 days ago. They said the money will appear in my account within 28 days of the refund notices.

I am having trouble with Holiday Extras though. I had booked an airport hotel with parking for the night before with a 24 hour cancellation guarantee. They are now only offering a credit on a future Holiday Extras service. They have quoted supposed words from their Terms and Conditions but the words don't actually appear.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Well......I love Ryanir. I was a little disappointed to have been given a travel voucher for the amount we paid, but hey, it;s what they are allowed to do. Next years flights came up. Went on their website. Booked the flights for next year used the voucher...total cost....£2.29. AND we've got seats all together and not scattered around the plane.

What's not to like. Play the game as it is meant to be played and you'll have no problems with them. Love 'em.

Still not using exclamation marks. It's driving me nuts.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Ryanair said: "These claims are untrue. Chargebacks are not considered a fraudulent activity and Ryanair only 'blacklists' customers in confirmed fraud cases."

A spokeswoman told Mirror Money: “For any cancelled flight, Ryanair is giving customers all of the options set out under EU regulations, including free moves and refunds in the form of cash or vouchers.

"The process time for cash refunds is taking longer due to the fact we are having to process 10,000 times the usual volume of cancellations and have fewer staff available due to social distancing measures.

"Ryanair is offering vouchers and free moves as these are automated and would give customers an alternative.

"Customers who choose a voucher but don't redeem it within 12 months may still apply for and obtain a refund after this 12 month period.
Now you should have realised the Forum never waits for the facts to emerge.;)

rulefan

Tour Winner
Well......I love Ryanir. I was a little disappointed to have been given a travel voucher for the amount we paid, but hey, it;s what they are allowed to do.
Not quite. That is what they are required to do in addition to the requirement to offer a refund.

Slab

Money List Winner
Google BA refunds and BA's refund page is the top of the list; you are taken directly to the correct BA page that currently includes a highlighted message giving you a link to their coronavirus advice and information page, a link to their contact details and thanking you for your understanding in these challenging times.

Google Ryanair refunds and you have to fight through a mass of poor customer service headlines to find it. When you do no message similar to BA's, just a bog standard refund page.

That you think the two are comparable is frankly laughable.
Laugh it up then

To get a refund BA insist I make an international call (I only have a mobile) to a call centre that drops my call each time I try it because they are so busy. I haven't even had an acknowledgement to my emails sent weeks ago when they cancelled my flights.... But if I want a voucher I can use the website

Oh ma sides 😂

larmen

Head Pro
My partner bought this time so not sure if we got a BA voucher or a refund, but we would be happy with a voucher for BA. We use BA to fly to Hamburg, about 1:30 house away from Bremen where we want to go. Ryanair is the only airline flying to Bremen so we happily fly to Hamburg and take a train there. I think Ryanair still owes us a couple of hundred pounds from 3 year sago and we have avoided them ever since.