RIP Ennio Morricone

Thread starter #4

Blue in Munich

Money List Winner
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53305397

I didn't realise some of the other great movies he'd scored over the years, including another of my favourites, The Untouchables. He wrote the scores for 500 films over 7 decades.

Edgar Wright summed it up thus; Morricone "could make an average movie into a must see, a good movie into art, and a great movie into legend". Apparently simply known as "Maestro" in Italy; they weren't wrong.

Swinglowandslow

He was brilliant at nostalgia tunes. Once upon a time in America has music to bring a lump in the throat.
One of the best hours you can spend is watching him conduct his music in a concert in St Marks square in Venice. Can be found on YouTube.
Susanna Rigacci, his singer, is so good in that one.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
He was brilliant at nostalgia tunes. Once upon a time in America has music to bring a lump in the throat.
One of the best hours you can spend is watching him conduct his music in a concert in St Marks square in Venice. Can be found on YouTube.
Susanna Rigacci, his singer, is so good in that one.
Thanks for that I watched it when it was shown on SKY Arts and would like to watch again.

Funnily enough I watched The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (again) just a couple of weeks ago. My wife and I loved the soundtrack so much it was one of the Albums we bought shortly after the film came out.

Two awesome live renditions by the Danish National Symphony Orchestra. Small detail, check the earings Tuva Semmingsen is wearing