Return to Golf in Scotland

Jacko_G

Journeyman Pro
Haha how ignorant. You need to mind your mind your manners and you clearly don't get out much then if you haven't seen the outright disregard to social distancing.

Selfish to want ONE extra round of golf per week when golf courses will likely be empty half the time, aye okay pal, jog on.
My manners are impeccable.

Your club has set out the rules. Email them if you're not happy. Incidentally i had a stroll through the local park again tonight and only saw one man and his dog. Even the cycle path wasn't crammed with people disregarding social distancing.

Golfers should be delighted to be able to participate in their sport again while others are less fortunate yet all you can do is moan about the frequency.

What will be will be.

I despair.

We're solo or 2 balls from 29th unless there's any new announcement before then. No mention of a limit on distance from course. One of the guys I play with lives about 15 miles away. As long as he drives straight to the course and doesn't stop anywhere I can' t see how he'd be putting any more people at risk than me who lives less than a mile from the course. We've got competitions listed on the website from 12th June with a 'welcome back' 9 hole competition then a full Saturday and Wednesday programme of competitions from then on. Will be interesting to see if that goes ahead.

Thread starter #165

CliveW

Tour Winner
Friday the 29th for us , 3 balls are allowed :love:
There is so much confusion about what is and what isn't allowed. Scottish Golf states:-

"Once golf has resumed, the following groupings will be permitted to play Golf in Scotland:

• Two Balls – 2 players who may be from two households whilst maintaining physical distancing
  • Groups of up to 4 four players permitted at the discretion of the golf club (ensuring that only two households are represented in the group)"

My manners are impeccable.

Your club has set out the rules. Email them if you're not happy. Incidentally i had a stroll through the local park again tonight and only saw one man and his dog. Even the cycle path wasn't crammed with people disregarding social distancing.

Golfers should be delighted to be able to participate in their sport again while others are less fortunate yet all you can do is moan about the frequency.

What will be will be.

I despair.
A complete lack of self awareness as well? Rude and a complete lack of manners, as you say, great image for golfers, keep it up!(y)

You went for a stroll last night, when it was teaming down with rain and howling with wind, haha funny that eh genius? Deary me!

I am ecstatic like us all to be finally getting back to playing the game we all love. More important things in life just now and reintroduction measures are understood and accepted, but because i voiced an opinion of wanting ONE EXTRA round of golf when courses will be half empty, that doesn't call for some loudmouth to come on here and shout that mouth off.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Staff member
There is so much confusion about what is and what isn't allowed. Scottish Golf states:-

"Once golf has resumed, the following groupings will be permitted to play Golf in Scotland:

• Two Balls – 2 players who may be from two households whilst maintaining physical distancing
  • Groups of up to 4 four players permitted at the discretion of the golf club (ensuring that only two households are represented in the group)"
our email said the same for 2 balls but 4 balls could be from the same household

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro

I agree there is some confusion, under Procedures it states Clubs can determine Tee group sizes.

Procedures 6/9

Last edited:
4 balls may be allowed but i doubt any club will allow more than 2 balls at the start.imagine scenario your course crammed with 2 balls and 1 4 ball,anyone else see a problems arising from this

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
4 balls may be allowed but i doubt any club will allow more than 2 balls at the start.imagine scenario your course crammed with 2 balls and 1 4 ball,anyone else see a problems arising from this
But Williamalex has already said his club will allow 3 balls, I take your point about 4 balls that could cause problems for some clubs but not all.

We are not having comps for the foreseeable future.
We've to start using the Scottish Golf VMS app from next week. It allows you to book, pay and enter scores online. If it works well then it sounds perfect for what's needed just now. I wonder if clubs using it will be able to get back to competitive golf earlier.

PaulS

Maybe not , it goes on to say clubs can Determine tee group sizes.
Just the same as they did in England but doesn’t override the household rule

You won’t be able to play a three ball of mates

Scotland:

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro

Scotland:

I’ve read that but if you look in Procedures 6/9 it contradicts that and says clubs can choose tee group sizes so it’s a bit confusing.r

Where does it state it doesn't override the household rule.

Last edited:

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro

Scotland:

The wording from Scottish Golf that clubs could choose group sizes is different from the wording England Golf used so there is a subtle difference.