Return to Golf in Scotland

saving_par

Challenge Tour Pro
Also our club is rather unique and I would suggest that under 15% of the membership will stay within 5 miles and I think that is being generous, could be as low as 5%.
I can't see anything from Scottish golf or First Minister putting a 5 mile radius on anything, more like staying within local area which looks undefined.

Your club won't have many playing if they try to enforce a 5 radius so i think you should get yourself out there and have a knock.

I played wednesday for the first time so i gave it a little time after restart and it was a good experience. Despite the tee being fully booked all day, car park was half full when I arrived for my 3-00 pm time, saw the group in front tee off and then strolled round in 3 hours not pressuring those in front and having plenty of space from the group behind.

Two ball golf is my favourite form, great walking round not having to look for balls on every hole and a feeling of an empty course.

Get out there Jacko and forget about these troubled times for a few hours, it will do you good. Just expect to be crap, I know I was :ROFLMAO:

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
I can't see anything from Scottish golf or First Minister putting a 5 mile radius on anything, more like staying within local area which looks undefined.

Your club won't have many playing if they try to enforce a 5 radius so i think you should get yourself out there and have a knock.

I played wednesday for the first time so i gave it a little time after restart and it was a good experience. Despite the tee being fully booked all day, car park was half full when I arrived for my 3-00 pm time, saw the group in front tee off and then strolled round in 3 hours not pressuring those in front and having plenty of space from the group behind.

Two ball golf is my favourite form, great walking round not having to look for balls on every hole and a feeling of an empty course.

Get out there Jacko and forget about these troubled times for a few hours, it will do you good. Just expect to be crap, I know I was :ROFLMAO:
Traminater put up a link only a few posts ago quoting the 5 mile guideline

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
I'm not arguing what was said by our First Minister, what I am saying is that all the guidance I've seen coming from Golf Unions mention the 5 mile radius. If your golf club choose to enforce that and monitor their booking system i will be screwed. As will thousands of others.

If your club decides that this is a guideline they want to use then you can't go against your club rules without risking some sort of punishment/irk in return.
Come on Jacko be realistic do you really think any club will enforce this guideline

I would agree though if clubs did you would have to follow the rules, that in turn would cause chaos and ill feeling ,
That’s why this guideline will not be enforced and golfers have nothing to worry about.

Jacko_G

Journeyman Pro
Come on Jacko be realistic do you really think any club will enforce this guideline

I would agree though if clubs did you would have to follow the rules, that in turn would cause chaos and ill feeling ,
That’s why this guideline will not be enforced and golfers have nothing to worry about.
If SG say it should be adhered to then yes I can see golf clubs adhering to it. That would be a severe kick in the stones! Hopefully clarification will follow.

Can any of the Irish on here comment on how their clubs are doing this, is it being "enforced" is a blind eye being turned? After all we are still in a pandemic situation. Can't lose sight of that.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Friend just told me one of his clubs said
"Scottish Golf are suggesting a 5 mile limit, we will leave it up to members conscience to decide what is local."

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
If your club decides that this is a guideline they want to use then you can't go against your club rules without risking some sort of punishment/irk in return.
Absolutely. It's going to be interesting seeing the different approaches clubs take. I suspect many people will disregard the travel limits and it will become a significant test of many clubs character and their approach to rule enforcement. Rules without sanctions are no rules at all.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
If SG say it should be adhered to then yes I can see golf clubs adhering to it. That would be a severe kick in the stones! Hopefully clarification will follow.

Can any of the Irish on here comment on how their clubs are doing this, is it being "enforced" is a blind eye being turned? After all we are still in a pandemic situation. Can't lose sight of that.

The Irish government said their 5km for golf must be strictly enforced , that’s different to what Scottish Golf and the FM are saying.

Jacko_G

Journeyman Pro
The Irish government said their 5km for golf must be strictly enforced , that’s different to what Scottish Golf and the FM are saying.
Again thats not what I'm asking. I was asking how strictly it is being enforced/adhered to. I know what has been said in Ireland and I know what our First Minister has said.

I am more interested in whether clubs are cancelling bookings or stopping members booking tee times etc. Or is a blind eye being turned?

GB72

Money List Winner
Again thats not what I'm asking. I was asking how strictly it is being enforced/adhered to. I know what has been said in Ireland and I know what our First Minister has said.

I am more interested in whether clubs are cancelling bookings or stopping members booking tee times etc. Or is a blind eye being turned?
I posted a link to a news story from ireland yesterday. Police checking number plates in club car parks (I assume that they are checking against the registered address) and the club had to cancel bookings and block more distant members from booking on BRS

Robster59

Tour Rookie
Well, we've now been given a number of guidelines
  • The booking system goes live on Monday at 9am
  • Only book one week in advance
  • Asked to play a maximum of twice a week
  • So can only book tee times twice in a week
  • Two balls only
  • Members only, no visitor or guests
  • Report to the pro shop before playing to confirm names of all those playing
  • Clubhouse will remain closed
  • If you need your clubs from the clubhouse arrange to collect them in advance
  • Shoes can be changed in the car park
  • 2 metres distance at all times anywhere on the course or in the car park, pro-shop etc.
  • Pro-shop has put distancing and screening in place
  • Practice area and putting green out of use except putting green can be use immediately before you play
  • Make sure we are displaying our 2020 bag tag (get from the Pro shop)
  • No more than one group on the tee
  • Do not arrive in the car park more than 10-15 minutes before your tee time
  • Minimum 24 hours notice to cancel a booking
  • All bookings will be carefully monitored
That covers the main points

bigslice

Tour Winner
Today, in her update, Nicola Sturgeon clearly said that "Five miles is not going to be a strict limit, but it is intended as a guide" when travelling to sports facilitiies.[/QUO
Today, in her update, Nicola Sturgeon clearly said that "Five miles is not going to be a strict limit, but it is intended as a guide" when travelling to sports facilitiies.

I never heard her say that, thought it was to do with visiting family

Well, we've now been given a number of guidelines
  • The booking system goes live on Monday at 9am
  • Only book one week in advance
  • Asked to play a maximum of twice a week
  • So can only book tee times twice in a week
  • Two balls only
  • Members only, no visitor or guests
  • Report to the pro shop before playing to confirm names of all those playing
  • Clubhouse will remain closed
  • If you need your clubs from the clubhouse arrange to collect them in advance
  • Shoes can be changed in the car park
  • 2 metres distance at all times anywhere on the course or in the car park, pro-shop etc.
  • Pro-shop has put distancing and screening in place
  • Practice area and putting green out of use except putting green can be use immediately before you play
  • Make sure we are displaying our 2020 bag tag (get from the Pro shop)
  • No more than one group on the tee
  • Do not arrive in the car park more than 10-15 minutes before your tee time
  • Minimum 24 hours notice to cancel a booking
  • All bookings will be carefully monitored
That covers the main points
Robster is it two balls max only? surely they haven't ruled out playing yourself? Lol.

Also the playing two times max a week is a bit extreme! Disappointed.