Resolutions ,

chrisd

Major Champion
More wild life photography up in the mountains. Top of the list is to 'capture' a photo of the Bee Eaters, closely followed by an Iberian Lynx. The first one shouldn't be too difficult but the latter will be more of a fluke. Only seen one Lynx in the two years we've lived here... surprisingly only a mile from the house.
Boy would I like that too !

Ye Olde Boomer

I am minimizing my consumption of bread, pasta, potatoes, and...sigh...Guinness..
I am trying to avoid weather excuses for not walking the dog.
I am doing my dumbbell curls immediately upon awakening.
I started with my resolutions a little bit early, so despite Christmas cheating on the diet, I've already lost 14 pounds.

Having been a big fan of Joe Calzaghe and Lennox Lewis--I rooted for them against my own countrymen many times--I understand that you call that a "stone."

Fish

Major Champion
There will be no categories under the WHS

As for resolutions - eat less take aways 😂
I went to all the WHS meetings and focus groups last year, I didn't hear anything about handicap categories being removed, what has a course rating for slope got to do with removing a handicap category? It’s only a banding after all, so why does WHS have an impact on ‘bands of handicaps’?

Liverpoolphil

Grand Slam Winner
I went to all the WHS meetings and focus groups last year, I didn't hear anything about handicap categories being removed, what has a course rating for slope got to do with removing a handicap category? It’s only a banding after all, so why does WHS have an impact on ‘bands of handicaps’?
They are just removing the categories when it comes into play. Obviously people aren’t going to be going down “.1 or .2” etc which was one of the reasons of the categories.

Fish

Major Champion
They are just removing the categories when it comes into play. Obviously people aren’t going to be going down “.1 or .2” etc which was one of the reasons of the categories.
I understand that, but didn’t know they were removing the category as a banding per se, I suppose it won’t have a function and for comps at home or opens clubs will just declare single handicappers only or Max 18 etc similar to what they do now.

murphthemog

Grand Slam Winner
I think there will still be cat one only, as county handicap approval will still be a requirement. Cat 2, 3, 4 and 5 will be meaningless.

Wolf

Don't see the point in waiting for new year to make resolutions if you want to make changes in life any day is a good day to start no need to delay.

That being said Mrs Wolf has roped me in to doing Veganuary with her, as she wanted to try it for a while and im happy to help her

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Drink less.

I very rarely drink at home, but when I’m out it’s always a mess. End up drinking to oblivion. I know the reasons why, and I’m never gonna resolve them. So will just have to cut out the drink.
You and me both. I find it so easy to wander to the club for a couple of beers after work and stay too long after playing so need to cut down on that. I don't often drink at home so once the stuff I bought for Christmas has gone I won't be stocking up again until next year

Papas1982

Tour Winner
You and me both. I find it so easy to wander to the club for a couple of beers after work and stay too long after playing so need to cut down on that. I don't often drink at home so once the stuff I bought for Christmas has gone I won't be stocking up again until next year
I dont tend to make an excise for a pint as such.

I simply binge whenever I do drink 😲

Ye Olde Boomer

I am very blessed to be able to really enjoy a pint or two and be satisfied.

I know that it's a genetic thing, not a character thing, and that's why I say that I'm blessed.

However--I received plenty of other "iffy" genes, unfortunately. I cost more to feed than a division of Hessian mercenaries.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
My resolution is to get fitter and have my acl rebuilt which I snapped clean in 2000! I’ve put it off since 2007 but it really needs to be done.

In 2017 I dropped to my lowest weight only to put it all back on through poor lifestyle choices.

As of this morning I have 27lbs (37lbs if I go all in) to lose, a new exercise bike is in the hall way ready to be assembled and I have a referral appointment with my GP booked for Friday.

I’m starting off well...

I also plan on doing two fund raisers pre leg op but it will depend on how the knee holds up in jan/feb. Ideally one park run about 15km and one hike around 25miles like the three peeks
How about sorting those socks out ;)